Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash lights i have a 07 jku have i have a engine light on and a lightning bolt on and

Old 10-17-2015, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash lights i have a 07 jku have i have a engine light on and a lightning bolt on and

I have a 07 jku with a engine light on and a lightning bolt light on runs like crap and can't go over 5mph anyone have any idea what's wrong with it
Old 10-18-2015, 12:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepfreak0789
I have a 07 jku with a engine light on and a lightning bolt light on runs like crap and can't go over 5mph anyone have any idea what's wrong with it
Battery?

Thought that light had something to do with charging system.

Try testing terminals and alternator for power.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm pretty sure the lightening bolt on the dash is a "Drive by wire" issue. Probably something with your throttle (pedal, throttle body, wiring, sensors)
Your best bet is to have the check engine light codes read and go from there. You can do it yourself by turning the key on/off three times and they'll show up on the odometer.

video courtesy of WxNerd2015:
https://youtu.be/Qul9HC-FDCg

Last edited by Ario56; 10-18-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply: dash lights i have a 07 jku have i have a engine light on and a lightning bolt on and