Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death Wobble happened to me tonight

Old 03-17-2019, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 201 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by JoyMarie
Here are a couple videos that I took of the frame side or the TB. What do y'all think? The video was taken after I torqued the bolts to 125 ft lbs.

https://youtu.be/_cqk9IRqLoM
Looks normal, good video. Might help to do video of the other joints.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-17-2019, 01:41 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 201 Likes on 183 Posts

That above bushing in the vid looks good too. BTW, only a couple repetitions of the steering wheel are necessary.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:48 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I agree with Mr.T.....those TB bushings look fine. Take some vids testing the ball joints. Good job btw. Your willingness to get in there and work on this stuff is more than a lot of people....and clear videos as well! sounds like you're confident the torque on those TB bolts are indeed 125 ft lbs now too.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I agree with Mr.T.....those TB bushings look fine. Take some vids testing the ball joints. Good job btw. Your willingness to get in there and work on this stuff is more than a lot of people....and clear videos as well! sounds like you're confident the torque on those TB bolts are indeed 125 ft lbs now too.
Thanks, yes I know that they are torqued for sure. I went out and bought a new click torque wrench just to be sure(needed one in my tool box anyways so it was a good excuse to spend the money). I ran out of time but I'm going to check the ball bearings again. I checked them once already and didnt see any up and down movement. I torqued all the bolts on my control arm drop brackets too and the bump steer seems to be a lot better now but I do still get a good wobble in the steering when I hit a big pothole. I just try to take it easy and dodge the holes since it is my daily driver. I don't want to have DW again and damage any other components. Thanks to everyone for you taking the time to give me some feedback. It is greatly appreciated. This site has been very helpful. Will post an update later.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble happened to me tonight