Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Death Wobble Question: Drag Link lift/non lift

Old 07-21-2017, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
The one thing you need to watch for if you do much wheelin and get some articulation up front is that many front springs will contact and rub on that bracket right there it sticks out and where the sector shaft bracket would attache to. I finally removed my sector shaft brace and cut that section (tab) off.
good advice! so you didn't need the sector shaft after all?
we mostly flat tow ours, id love to do more wheeling but theres not much around me (close).
Old 07-21-2017, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tactical_Geek
I just put a budget boost on my Jeep and I've been lurking in posts like this to basically build out a suspension upgrade list. Good info guys, the newbs like me appreciate it!
if your gonna lift it (beyond the boost) its better to pull the trigger on a complete kit and do it

otherwise i'd put the Synergy Track Bar Brace on it sooner than later - the steel is significantly more substantial than the OE (thin) mount - and its only $100 and a little time.

I had the FULL Grade 80 bolt kit on it very early on & it did not prevent DW, so I'm not convinced thats worth the expense....the Synergy Track Bar Brace include the better (grade 80) larger bolts anyway.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:53 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by bushpilot
good advice! so you didn't need the sector shaft after all?
we mostly flat tow ours, id love to do more wheeling but theres not much around me (close).
Unless you are doing aggressive enough wheeling to be thinking you MIGHT need an HD steering box or some hydro assist steering, you don't need that sector shaft brace. I think you'll have a good idea if you play in aggressive rocks to the point that you're at risk of bending the sector shaft. The TB bracket is nice cuz it really reinforces that factory bracket hole which is a common issue for even unmodified jeeps. Save your money on the SS brace. If you don't wheel much, or keep it light, you might not even notice any rubbing. If you're aggressive and get a lot of articulation in the front end, the spring will rub a little on that one tab. It's mainly superficial for the spring.....would rub the powder coat. When I removed my SS, it had rubbed enough that it was starting to eat in to the bolt that holds the SS to that tab.

I will say....I wheel pretty aggressive. I added that SS brace cuz I got a deal on it at the time I was putting the TB brace on anyhow. At the time I had the Synergy TB as well. I switched TB's and the sector shaft brace doesn't play nicely with other branded TB's, so it came off.

Last edited by resharp001; 07-24-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
....The TB bracket is nice cuz it really reinforces that factory bracket hole which is a common issue for even unmodified jeeps. Save your money on the SS brace....
thanks, very helpful information.

I agree, knowing what I know now ....I would install the Track Bar brace the day I brought the jeep home from the dealer

ours is mostly a mall crawler...Its spent most of life pushing things....

Old 08-06-2017, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

just flat towed the JK 1400 miles - and as i watched it in the rearview camera i can tell its tracking straighter (no back an forth) than it ever has.

I always questioned the amount of torque "steer" my (manual shifting) JK had...every gear change a little back and forth / sideways motion almost since new....and now even that is gone w/ the bracket installed!

Quick Reply: Death Wobble Question: Drag Link lift/non lift