Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamond Plated Offroad Flowmaster Muffler

Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond Plated Offroad Flowmaster Muffler

Anyone seen these yet? I'm not that hard core with the JK but they are cool!
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...5&autoview=sku
Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

lol yeah they really look cool. wonder how they sound. thats a good replace ment for the factor muffler if kept in the same location as stock. mine already has a small dent on it. would look good with my plate corners too. it looks black powder coated.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Its just an armored version of their 40 series muffler. Sounds BADA$$ on a V-8 but makes a V-6 sounds like a ricer. Ive heard it on a few v-6 mustangs and it sounds pretty bad. Dont get me wrong, i love flowmaster, and its gonna be your best performing muffler. But loud as hell and very highpitched ricy sounding. my .02
Old 01-19-2007, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

that muffler looks sweet, and i was gonna buy one, but its too pricey for me, so instead i went to summit and baught the regular flowmaster... it sounded SOOOOOOOO HORRIBLE!!!! on the old 4.0 i had in my TJ it woulda prolly sounded nice with the cam and head work and everything else i had done to it. but i put that flowmaster on my JK and it was so horrible. I work at a shop, and barrowed the lift after we closed... didn't take long to put it on, and it took even less time to realize i hated it! I drove for a few minutes before i turned around and pulled it out to put it back to stock. I sounded like a four cylinder honda civic with a fatty pipe on it. then i got on the freeway and it had that awful tone of a hum to it thats really loud and obnoxious. My reccommendation would be to not get it unless you hear it on a JK first and are absolutely sure it sounds how you want it to. At this point, i think a $30.00 Dynomax would sound better. Anyway, sorry for the Rant, but i basically wasted a bunch of money on the whole deal as the muffler is not returnable. Anyone on here have the gibson exhaust? i know thats even more pricey, but its a straight bolt in and if it sounds like what i want i suppose i would shell it out... anybody got one and maybe could load a sound byte of it up?... thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 11:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you cut the cats off and add headers a flowmaster wouldn't sound too bad...but ain't that a whole new ballgame. At this time I haven't heard anything on a JK that doesn't sound like a ricer. Although Gibson doesn't sound all that bad...there's a soundclip of it somewhere...have to hunt it down though.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

here, scroll down to the JK Wrangler 3.8L

Originally Posted by armycop
Gibson has a sound clip of the JK here is the link: http://gibsonexhaust.com/sounds/
Old 01-21-2007, 01:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gibson needs to get it together. How many people just sit around revving there Jeeps? What about some drive bys or take offs like the Magnaflow site. Either way, buying an exhaust solely by listing to a sound clip is tough. You need to here them in person for best results.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

I agree. I heard a JK running Flowies and it sounded real bad. Very high pitched and loud. The guy was revving to show the crowd how annoying it could be. Don't get me wrong. I've got a 83 crewcab duallie with dual exhaust through headers into two flowies and sounds awesome. I could win a muffler rap contest. But you'll never get that sound from a 6 cylinder. I've read on another thread that Magnaflows sounds real good. Low rumble and not so whinny. He also has numbers to prove performance gains from duals to single exhaust. He's running a Stage2 kit and a CAI.

Ern
90YJ, HEI, MC2150
07JKXU, stock till warranty ends. Then the fun begins

Quick Reply: Diamond Plated Offroad Flowmaster Muffler