Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable TPMS with Superchips Flaspaq

Old 03-09-2016, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Potato Potato
Yes, when I open the Spark software it shows the off-road TPMS package as "purchased".
Right, you need to call them to get it activated.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will call Superchips and update this thread after.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Potato Potato
I will call Superchips and update this thread after.
Took me about two weeks to get it disabled. The majority of their techs are clueless. Got tired of them ignoring the issue and not following up on calls/emails, so finally tried for a refund. That tech (the 6th I had worked with) forced an update straight to my tuner and got it to work.

You said the tpms disable shows on the computer. Did you actually sign anything, or check a box showing you are acknowledging that you want to disable the system? They need verification on file to allow you to do it. (since it never showed in spark/fusion for me, the last tech actually emailed documents for me to sign and send back)
Old 03-10-2016, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Took me about two weeks to get it disabled. The majority of their techs are clueless. Got tired of them ignoring the issue and not following up on calls/emails, so finally tried for a refund. That tech (the 6th I had worked with) forced an update straight to my tuner and got it to work.

You said the tpms disable shows on the computer. Did you actually sign anything, or check a box showing you are acknowledging that you want to disable the system? They need verification on file to allow you to do it. (since it never showed in spark/fusion for me, the last tech actually emailed documents for me to sign and send back)
I appreciate your input. I called yesterday but I did not have the tuner serial number on me so I will be calling back today.

I bought the Flashpaq secondhand, so I am assuming the previous owner downloaded the off-road TPMS feature and maybe that is part of the problem? Either way I will keep this thread updated as I had a hard time finding an answer to this issue when I searched the forums.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got off the phone with a Superchips tech. He is assuming this issue is due to the fact that I am not the original owner of the unit.

Here is what he recommended I try.

1. Return vehicle to stock and unpair tuner
2. Update flashpaq (he is removing the off-road package with this update)
3. Tune vehicle
4. Download off-road TPMS package
5. Install TPMS delete on vehicle

I will attempt this over the weekend and follow up.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm not sure what model of super chips I have bur I need to download the tpms enable option. The "enable" allowed me to turn off the sensors.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Still nothing. Looks like I will be calling Superchips again on Monday.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

What was the result ?
Old 04-24-2016, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been back and forth with Superchips a couple times. During the last call they asked me to call back when I had the tuner hooked up to the vehicle. I keep forgetting to do this during lunch at work. I was kind of pissed bc the tech didn't believe me when I told him the menu he referenced wasn't on my tuner (I even took a pic).

I will try to call them this week during lunch. They will most likely send me an RMA and I will ship the tuner to Superchips.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Fixed

I spent an hour on the phone with Superchips today and they were able to correct the issue. Basically a used 3875 tuner that has been returned to stock and installed on a second Jeep was the issue. The tuner resets the VIN on all functions except the off road TPMS feature. The tech I worked with had to manually program the off road TPMS feature back into my tuner.

In the end, no more warning light and 4 dings on startup

Quick Reply: Disable TPMS with Superchips Flaspaq