Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you still use a shade?
Yes. I use it often
68.89%
Yes. I use it every once in a while
4.44%
No. I do not use it anymore
8.89%
I have never owned a shade
17.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Do you still use a shade?

Old 04-18-2017, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a hardtop and haven't purchased any shade yet. I plan on buying the Spiderweb shade since its under $100, and leaving it on even when I put my hardtop back on at times during summer. It's probably good to have one just to protect the inside of your jeep from wearing out.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenks
Unless they change their design again, the ones I have from 4 years ago has webbing with shinch buckles on the sides and sound bar with two bungies in the front corner and 3 snap loops on the footmans. I was under impression that they redesigned them to the style I have and must not have updated their pictures.

If they did change it to bungies everywhere that kinda sucks as they wear out as the webbing will not.
I was thumbing through the Quadratec catalog that was in the mailbox out of bordom yesterday and noticed the picture for the Dirty Dog 2-piece was indeed just like you have.....with straps and buckles. I must have gotten one of the last bungee models as it seems we bought ours around the same general time. I'm not real big on the strap/buckle idea myself, but you seem to like it. It would seem that when putting a hard top on over that, it would be a real PITA to reach the middle clamp on the rear of the freedom panels. With the bungees they'd provide some "give" so you could get your arm back there, but I'd think straps would not provide as much room for you to access that clamp.

Quick Reply: Do you still use a shade?