Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag link rubbing

Old 10-11-2018, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drag link rubbing

I'm running 3.5" MC springs and all 8 RK arms. As seen in the pics my synergy drag link is rubbing on the tie rod and steering stabilizer. I want to do the flip kit to high steer but I can't do the TB relocation bracket due to the truss on my D30. If I do the flip without the TB bracket will I cause myself more issues? Other alternative is to cut the bracket off and weld on the synergy TB bracket. Cutting and welding is last resort. Thanks for the help!

Old 10-11-2018, 04:05 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Correct, definitely don't do the flip without raising the TB bracket, that will just cause worse issues. The correct thing would be to cut off the TB bracket and weld a corresponding raised TB bracket, but understand the conundrum of not wanting to deal with that.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You should be able to loosen the end on your drag link and rotate it up. RuffStuff sells a little piece to keep the joint sitting up straight and then you could rotate the bend to be over and ahead of the tie rod.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Simply put a generic after market mount on the axle truss. Lots of companies make them. Ballistic, WFO, Genright, Ruff stuff, Barnes 4x4, chassis unlimited, blue torch fab are just some of them. You will have to do some custom trimming on the bracket but its not a big deal.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Simply put a generic after market mount on the axle truss. Lots of companies make them. Ballistic, WFO, Genright, Ruff stuff, Barnes 4x4, chassis unlimited, blue torch fab are just some of them. You will have to do some custom trimming on the bracket but its not a big deal.
Thanks I'll check those out today!
Old 10-15-2018, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

I was able to loosen the jam nut, and pinch bolt. This allowed me to rotate the entire link up away from the tie rod. I've got good clearance now. I'll wait until I upgrade to a D44 to flip the steering and track bar. Appreciate the help!

Quick Reply: Drag link rubbing