Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dreaded Death Wobble

Old 03-31-2017, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRich26
I also have a draglink and track bar to install.
Unless I misunderstood this comment, he has a replacement TB and DL......so no sense inspecting the old ones. install the new ones, torque to spec. At that point, TR, DL, and TB joints should all be good condition and torqued. Check the ball joints.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
Unless I misunderstood this comment, he has a replacement TB and DL......so no sense inspecting the old ones. install the new ones, torque to spec. At that point, TR, DL, and TB joints should all be good condition and torqued. Check the ball joints.
Even if he has a new trackbar he should check torque specs and definately inspect the condition of the trackbar brackets for ovaled holes
Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, definitely death wobble. I torqued and reinstalled it, as well as straightened the steering wheel and it seems to have gone away. I'm taking it to a shop on Tuesday to have a professionals opinion and have him go through and correct it.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRich26
Thanks, definitely death wobble. I torqued and reinstalled it, as well as straightened the steering wheel and it seems to have gone away. I'm taking it to a shop on Tuesday to have a professionals opinion and have him go through and correct it.
Watch the video link someone posted above. You can get it down to the exact problem pretty quick.

Quick Reply: Dreaded Death Wobble