Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveshaft spacer kit...has anybody used these?

Old 08-21-2017, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft spacer kit...has anybody used these?

I'm looking at extending my driveshaft after a 3" lift and was wondering if these were a good option.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspensi...ions_Container

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Due to how short Jeep drivelines are, this type of spacer would put stock drivelines at inoperable angles and bind / break. They are are made for the very long driveshafts in the rear of pick-ups where the geometry has some forgiveness.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:35 PM
JK Junkie

Why would you want to extend you DS? The factory shafts, and most aftermarket have more then enough slip to add a small stretch. Lift height is irrelevant because just like articulating the axles the pinion turns up... shorting the shaft.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses. I guess I was just confused.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

When you lift (short arm and most long arm kits on the market), you actually shorten the wheel base and the driveshaft length. If you restore the wheel base with a full set of longer adjustable control arms the driveline will be slightly longer then stock when the control arms are parallel to the ground during articulation but will become shorter then stock length at full droop. I am not sure why so many people think they need a longer driveshaft because of lifting on the jeep but it is simple geometry.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft spacer kit...has anybody used these?