Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duel Exhaust H-pipe search. :/

Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duel Exhaust H-pipe search. :/

I have a 2012 2door. I am looking for a cat-back duel exhaust h-pipe set up. I am having a hard time finding one. I searched it in the forums and came up empty handed. Thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the idea, but I think your only
going to find dual tailpipes from a muffler.

I'm pretty sure with the '12 model yr. your
going to have an issue setting something
like this up. That funny looking twisted knot
on the Driver's side is all the rage with pokey
-rocks and tree stumps.
You don't just have to equalize the pressure
between the left and right exhaust banks,
You have to keep the pipes the same length
from the exhaust bell outlet through to the
back of the vehicle.
(All I've read about it, your going to have to
build some type of back-pressure into the
system. Or put a CAI in front so you have
as much going in as you will going out.
)

This might be one of those DYI home-brews
that will not only get you noticed, but You'll
have folks contacting you to set it up on
their rigs too.

If you do decide to tackle this project, please
keep us informed on your progress.

I'll scour the net to try to find more out
about this and add to this thread.

Last edited by BoneShkr; 12-03-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Talking with my fellow jeeper from work, and he agrees with you. But he was telling me that I gotta keep the damn resonator. So I think I am going to wait till I pay it off (after my next deployment ) Probably going to build my own.
Either going to do one of the two....

Going to start with the bolt on y, cut it there and either weld in 2 pipes with 2 h's and high flow cats,

or keep the Y and flare the single pipe to a 1/2" bigger (not too much to lose the back pressure) put in a single high flow cat and then a muffler, not sure which one I will go for. I have always loved the flow masters. But we will see, when I do this I will do a write up.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gearheadette
Talking with my fellow jeeper from work, and he agrees with you. But he was telling me that I gotta keep the damn resonator. So I think I am going to wait till I pay it off (after my next deployment ) Probably going to build my own.
Either going to do one of the two....

Going to start with the bolt on y, cut it there and either weld in 2 pipes with 2 h's and high flow cats,

or keep the Y and flare the single pipe to a 1/2" bigger (not too much to lose the back pressure) put in a single high flow cat and then a muffler, not sure which one I will go for. I have always loved the flow masters. But we will see, when I do this I will do a write up.

Your engine does not need any back pressure. This is a myth started by the lack of understanding between volume and velocity in the exhaust system.

The need to have the same length exhaust pipes actually ends at your collector. Each cylinder's pipe should be within a min of a half inch of each other. This is an issue with the stock manifolds. As for the cat back pipe, if you crawl under your rig you'll notice that the right side is significantly longer than the left side.

I'm running true duals with a constant negative exhaust pressure ( high velocity creating a vacuum at the head port - not back pressure ) high flow cats, no resonator. The sound is a quite roar with only a slight db increase over stock. Both hp and mileage show significant increases.

Quick Reply: Duel Exhaust H-pipe search. :/