Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatrac elite prorock XD 69/80 set

Old 06-19-2017, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatrac elite prorock XD 69/80 set

My first post and just like to say hi to everyone and see how the feel about the new dynatrac elite pro rockrock axle set .im currently building my 15 jku rubicon and like to run 37-40 inch tires and was wondering about these axles . Jeep is pretty stock right now just put on evo front and rear bumpers and now saving for lift and parts.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Likely overkill unless you are planning on putting in a LS and race it vs the hard core 60/60 set. If you do them you should not have to upgrade again. They are heavy, I run the 80 rear with the standard pro rock 60 front and the axles with tires and wheels are around 1000 pounds. They should be bulletproof on 37's
Old 06-19-2017, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks , I'm sure it's over kill but the steering geometry benefits is what really intrigued me . Stock motor for now but waiting for the cummins repower crate motor program to be available, after speaking with them they say some time towards the end of the year for the R2.8 td .
Old 06-19-2017, 07:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

The 2.8 Cummins is going to be a bit too small for a built JK and likely not going to be able to go into the JK unless it is a 2007 as they are not able to get emissions to pass. If you don't have to worry about emissions then you should be able to do it. They are going to have the Cummins 5.0 available in a crate engine that is used in the Nissan pickup and is already 50 state legal. GM is also going to offer the small diesel from the Colorado as a crate and Motech told me they are going to be doing those swaps into the JK as soon as they can get them later this summer.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 06-19-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

The 2.8 is a new motor based off the 4bt design and is going to be 50state legal and will be bolt in and plug and play setup , that's what I was told from cummins
Old 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

The 2.8 is a new motor but not based of the 4bt, it is based off the ISF2.8 The 4BT is basically a 5.9L missing 2 cylinders and comes in at 3.9L. While they are going to try and get it 50 states legal they have not been able to get it done and unless the EPA rolls back emissions standards it is unlikely to be available for anything newer then 2008. The 5.0 is already 50 state legal since it is in the Nissan pickup and should be available later this year and will be the best bet for the JK

I spend some time with the project leader at Moab this year during jeep safari where they were testing a couple of TJ's with the 2.8. I actually ran a whole day with them on the trails and had breakfast with the team leader the next morning. What I got from the cummins people is that if you are in a place that has emissions you are not going to want or go with a 2.8 in the JK but if you don't have emissions you can tune it up and get quite a bit more hp and torque out of it but then it won't pass emissions.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Oh wow , pretty awesome info love the 5.9 had one in my 03 ram . I sure hope they get it to go , as you know the motor is supposed to be released in September this yeah and really hoping down the road they are available for newer jk s. At least that's what I was told a few weeks ago when I emailed them about it . Really don't want to put a v8 in it and not sure what other options I have
Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

This new engine is not based off the 5.9 it is an adaptation of a European model. Last year the 2.8 was coming out this spring and has been pushed back. I have some friends doing work on the adapters so I should be able to find out when they get close to a launch. DYI Kit is reported to come in at around $12k with full installs in the $25k range.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got my 60/60 hardcore set and will be running 40's. I wish beyond words I could swing the elite package but I'm beyond happy with my purchase. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

If you can look into the new XD60 extra wide front axle so you can run smaller backspaced wheels. Really intriguing and very functional in terms of unit bearing longevity and reducing scrub radius.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:29 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

The XD 60 does not use unit bearing it is a full float axle. Same with the standard pro rock 60. Either can be bought in custom widths and they sell the standard JK in 68.8" WMS
The XD has a larger housing that accepts a super 60 gear set or the standard and 60 gear set. It also has bigger tubes that give it more strength with less wight vs the 3 1/8" heavy wall on the standard pro rock 60.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac elite prorock XD 69/80 set