Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP after Lift

Old 01-28-2007, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP after Lift

So last weekend I installed a FT 2" BB but I ran out of time so I didn't recenter the steering wheel. I ended up driving on it for about a week and after the first day, the ESP stopped turning on, instead I get the ESP/BAS warning light that stays on all the time and ESP doesn't seem to kick in anymore.

Yesterday I tried to recenter the steering wheel, but I couldn't get the ESP/BAS warning light to turn off. Will it turn off once that I get the steering wheel just right? Do I need to drive around for so long with the steering wheel dead on before it will turn off? Do I need to get the light cleared by a dealer?

It's kinda starting to tick me off, but if the light will turn off as soon as the Jeep is started and the steering wheel is dead on, then it may a little easier, but I will still need to mess with it some more.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the wheel centered. Try unhooking the battery and then hook it back up. It works for my computer. LOL There is probably some sort of flash they will have to do to reset it, because it came on so many times. These are all just guesses, but it is worth a try before you take it in.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have a code reader?? You might be able to reset it that way as well.

I know Tj's had a sequence that you would do by turning the key on and off three times and then a code error would appear. Dunno if there is anything for Jk's
Old 01-28-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

I don't have a code reader, but I could always take it to Autozone and let them reset it for me.

I did the trick where you turn the key on, then off a few times, but it didn't show any error codes. I don't know if the regular ODBII reader would do it or if you'd need the starscan tool for the canbus stuff.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default ESP/BAS warning

I have the same problem exactly, install a kit of 2" Skyjacker, with tires 33 and after a week of use, the ESP/BAS warning light that stays on all the time, now I am in Mexico and here they have not found the problem.

Quick Reply: ESP after Lift