Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo Double D Pro kit - Tweaking

Old 02-22-2017, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the same issues with sagging, and ridding my bumpstops.
I've seen guys STILL have issues with the "HD" springs as well.

I ordered PAC Racing springs in
Front : 250/325
Rear : 275/325

I can't take credit, HAVOC over at WOL came up with these numbers. But him, and everybody else I've seen online get custom spring sets to their build needs has had no issues.
Another thing, check the psi in the coilover. A lot of people had coilovers with pressure all over the place.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by professional_slacker
I've been chasing loose bolts for weeks now.
To me, that goes back to the shop that did the install. Either they weren't torqued correctly, loctite applied, or some other issue. I've got an Evo Double Throwdown front and rear and I'm on 40's and I've never had to mess with it in the going on 2 years I've run it, and my buddy beat on it for years before that. Sorry you're having issues, but I don't see it being the kit that's the issue.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jordy
To me, that goes back to the shop that did the install. Either they weren't torqued correctly, loctite applied, or some other issue. I've got an Evo Double Throwdown front and rear and I'm on 40's and I've never had to mess with it in the going on 2 years I've run it, and my buddy beat on it for years before that. Sorry you're having issues, but I don't see it being the kit that's the issue.
Agreed, I've been running the double d pro for over 10k miles now.
It's definitely not a entry level lift, and requires maintenance, torque checks, ect.
But you're on a long arm with coilovers.
PS- this app sucks
I
Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't had near the issues you have.

My main complaint would be the weak ass springs it comes with.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

so Nitrogen charge pressure was 50, 0, 75, 200 starting in the rear left corner and moving counter clockwise. I went to Airgas and got a nitrogen cylinder and regulator, then went to central hydraulics and had them make up a charging line for me. I already had the King charging manifold, so now I'm set up to do nitrogen recharges. :lol: ( I couldnt find anyone locally that would do the recharge, so I bought the equipment to do it myself )

now that I have it scaled leveled and re-sprung and recharged, it seems MUCH better. still seems that such and expensive kit would have come ready out of the box. or at least had optional spring rates upon ordering. I'm almost another thousand in just in tools and parts.

Quick Reply: Evo Double D Pro kit - Tweaking