Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO Tire carrier with 35 Trail Grapplers??

Old 08-09-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the AEV bumpers as well. I'm looking at those real hard. I feel like an old lady at a dollar store that can't figure out what she wants more lmao.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are some shots from yesterday of the EVO Tire Carrier without the stock bumper and exhaust. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rear no bump.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	352139   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear driver.jpg
Views:	1387
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	352140   Click image for larger version

Name:	DRing.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	352141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side No Bump.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	352142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Bear.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	352143  

Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

There are no creature comforts with this thing. There's nothing to stop it from slamming into the side of your rig if you don't open it correctly or its on an incline. Its a heavy son of a bitch, the pins are tedious to get on and off if you use the tailgate a lot. I'm in no way saying not to get it I'm just saying its a heavy duty tire carrier that's it. Nothing else nothing more.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

So how durable is this tire carrier, say if you are traversing off a steep ledge and the rear tire drops but doesn't come in contact with the solid ground, and the majority of the jeep's weight slams on the tire carrier, could this potentially cause damage to the tire carrier or worse damage the carrier mounts/rockskin? Just curious because I once had a tire carrier and everytime I would go off a ledge the jeep would end up smacking the rear bumber and or tire carrier on the way down. Now I've installed a BFH rear bumper and the spare goes in the cargo area, but when I move to 37's i dont think its goin to fit back there so I'm sure I'll be needing a tire carrier.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by fadeout
There are no creature comforts with this thing. There's nothing to stop it from slamming into the side of your rig if you don't open it correctly or its on an incline. Its a heavy son of a bitch, the pins are tedious to get on and off if you use the tailgate a lot. I'm in no way saying not to get it I'm just saying its a heavy duty tire carrier that's it. Nothing else nothing more.
You need to adjust the carrier a little more, I can drop my pins straight in with no fight. So easy my wife can open and close it
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
You need to adjust the carrier a little more, I can drop my pins straight in with no fight. So easy my wife can open and close it
Should've clarified myself...with items in your hand and such, they can be a pain in the ass to get out one handed. The pins do drop right in once you tweak it and get it set up perfect.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by fadeout
Should've clarified myself...with items in your hand and such, they can be a pain in the ass to get out one handed. The pins do drop right in once you tweak it and get it set up perfect.
I agree, its not something you can open easily with one hand.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Can it be reverse mounted?

I really like this carrier as well. Looking at pictures, it seems possible to set it up to open up to the opposite side. Is it possible to set up the hinges on the driver side?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Wezlee
I really like this carrier as well. Looking at pictures, it seems possible to set it up to open up to the opposite side. Is it possible to set up the hinges on the driver side?
yes, you can make it swing from eitherside
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wezlee
There are 4 joints that attach the carrier to the skins. Two of these you will bolt down, the other two will be pinned in place. You can use the bolts on either side and just use the pins on the opposite.

Quick Reply: EVO Tire carrier with 35 Trail Grapplers??