Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO Tire carrier with 35 Trail Grapplers??

Old 01-31-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
So how durable is this tire carrier, say if you are traversing off a steep ledge and the rear tire drops but doesn't come in contact with the solid ground, and the majority of the jeep's weight slams on the tire carrier, could this potentially cause damage to the tire carrier or worse damage the carrier mounts/rockskin?
That's my question to EVO as well. Mine is on order, so I'm already committed, but I would like to get your insights on the strength of this application. Seems like a tremendous amount of weight riding on nutserts and body panels.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Dyipney
That's my question to EVO as well. Mine is on order, so I'm already committed, but I would like to get your insights on the strength of this application. Seems like a tremendous amount of weight riding on nutserts and body panels.

Thanks for any input.
The carrier is not just attached with nutserts, the brackets are bolted through the skin and tub with 16 grade 8 bolts. This carrier is designed to hold a 40" tire. It has been tested on the hardest trails in the US and not an issue fromt Fast desert speeds to Rockcrawling.

You sould still take good lines and try not to smash the carrier, but it'll hold up just fine
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
The carrier is not just attached with nutserts, the brackets are bolted through the skin and tub with 16 grade 8 bolts. This carrier is designed to hold a 40" tire. It has been tested on the hardest trails in the US and not an issue fromt Fast desert speeds to Rockcrawling.

You sould still take good lines and try not to smash the carrier, but it'll hold up just fine
Got it, thanks Chris! Any way you can speed up order #4655? Just eager to get it on the jeep, and we're scheduled to hit some trails Feb. 10.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by buddyhydro
Here are some shots from yesterday of the EVO Tire Carrier without the stock bumper and exhaust. Hope this helps.
Doesnt look to bad at all. Mine is on order and I'm still running 35s (until I upgrade....). But I'm more interested in the function and durability behind the EVO carrier. I've been impressed with their gear I have installed so far.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dyipney

Got it, thanks Chris! Any way you can speed up order #4655? Just eager to get it on the jeep, and we're scheduled to hit some trails Feb. 10.
Pm your name. I can give you a good eta

Quick Reply: EVO Tire carrier with 35 Trail Grapplers??