JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Exhaust For JEEP with RIPP Headers (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/exhaust-jeep-ripp-headers-319714/)

RIPPMODS 06-06-2016 08:46 AM

We designed and tuned our exhaust to specifically tune out the "Honda" or rasp and drone of the JK. If you have our or any other headers, we highly recommend looking into the Flowmaster Hush Power resonator that we offer. We found on Header equipped 3.8's, it toned down the extra volume and rasp you will get with headers equipped.

Links below for more info.

Flowmaster Hush Power resonator

RIPP Superchargers Cat Back High Clearance Exhaust

RIPP

metal 06-09-2016 08:44 AM

Another thought

Just to throw in another possible thought, Legato Performance. We offer a high quality, good sounding system that has been well received. It features a great deep tone and 16-gauge, 409stainless steel construction with 304 polished tips. If you are running the Hushpower mufflers, then you will be fine and there should be no drone. We believe we offer the best bang for the buck - check out our price.

Here is a customer video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6-r4xxBrk

NCWJK 02-07-2017 08:58 PM

A question for Ripp on a year old thread....

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS (Post 4222556)
We designed and tuned our exhaust to specifically tune out the "Honda" or rasp and drone of the JK. If you have our or any other headers, we highly recommend looking into the Flowmaster Hush Power resonator that we offer. We found on Header equipped 3.8's, it toned down the extra volume and rasp you will get with headers equipped.

RIPP

I have your headers, and a similar resonator going into a smaller than stock muffler in the original location. It sounds okay, or at least it did for quite a while. I am in the market for new stuff from the Ripp cats on back. No supercharger yet.

Will it sound decent with just your high clearance exhaust? Or do I need to get the hush power too? And it I need the hush power, I assume I'll have to cut the brand new stainless exhaust and clamp in the resonator?

On a side note, since I am directing this question at Ripp, should I plug my InTune into my computer and update it? I bought it directly from Ripp with the headers tune installed in 2013.

BTW, I did not believe Ripps claims on horse power when I bought the long tube headers, but my manifolds were cracked, actually one was cracked, the other broke completely. I figured I would get some power and that was good enough.
Turns out Ripps HP claims are probably accurate. My ass dyno tells me it has much more power. I can also leave it in 6th gear and cruise 65 to work when I used to have to down gear and take a run at hills (terra flex pre-runner 4" 4.10's and 315/70R/17 on a 6 speed JKUR)

Amwill 12-21-2017 02:56 AM

Pypes cat-back exhaust SJJ21R

1 Attachment(s)
Resuming this old thread instead of opening a new one:
I am planning on buying the Ripp long headers with the hushpower and diablo tune.
I know the best match to this would be with a Ripp 0715JKCBE cat-back exhaust, but what about a Pypes cat-back SJJ21R ?
I can get the SJJ12R second-hand (almost new) here in Italy from a friend of mine, just for a hundred bucks and I am tempted.
I know that the SJJ2R is as loud as hell if bolted directly to stock headers, but maybe with Ripp long headers and hushpower I will get a quieter sound.
Point is, since I live in Europe, I am already going to spend a small fortune for the shipping of Ripp headers (besided the cost of goods itself)) so I'd gladly skip the cost of buying and transporting also the cat-back exhaust if the cheap option I have here is viable.
So my questions is : is anyone running a configuration like this ? Any advice ?
Thanks in advance.

Scott Lilley 06-26-2020 03:19 PM

Location of Hush Power in Intermediate Pipe

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS (Post 4222556)

RIPP

I have the Ripp Headers with the Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Back with stock Intermediate pipe and it's very lout during acceleration, has a lot of rasp, and a lot of drone at highway speeds. I have read a resonators effectiveness depends on where it is placed in the Intermediate pipe.
Where in the Intermediate pipe do you recommend the Flowmaster Hush Power be placed?