Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust/Muffler Help...Flowmaster/Banks

Old 09-15-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust/Muffler Help...Flowmaster/Banks

I just recently put a new flowmaster muffler on my jk because it sounded too wimpy for the look. I am considering putting a banks monster exhaust on it now. A friend also told me maybe a glass pack. Exhaust systems like this just are not my forte. I really just want a deeper sound kind of like a v8 or truck sound. I know a v6 will never truly sound like one. But any advice on how to do this would be great. If you have a system like what I'm describing please share info too! Thanks!!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfourtuantly it is a V6 and will never sound like a V8 haha. I would stay away from glasspacks, unless you wanna sound like a honda. Banks, flow master, or maybe Borla(kinda pricy) would be good decisions imo.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have Dynomax Evo Comp. I'm very happy with mine on a 07. I could not pass up the return and warranty that came with it and USA made! Get with the Dynomax Rep on here. Also go to Youtube. If I had to do it again I would just go Muffler. Over all I'm very pleased!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my flow master super 10 with no resonator to give you an idea for something super aggressive. The super 44 also sounds pretty good

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks2t8ozvemdy1kp/IMG_4141.MOV
Old 09-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Killfoot1775
I have Dynomax Evo Comp. I'm very happy with mine on a 07. I could not pass up the return and warranty that came with it and USA made! Get with the Dynomax Rep on here. Also go to Youtube. If I had to do it again I would just go Muffler. Over all I'm very pleased!
Many people will do a pre-axle dump using our muffler P/N 17263, this is a "bolt on" install for a JK. CUt out the old. clamp in the new and go....
Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Dynomax Evo was probably the closest exhaust I had that sounded like a truck.

You are about to be severely disappointed if you hope to make your 3.6 sound anywhere near a V8.

Trust me, I went through about 5 systems, and they all sound, at best, like a performance V6, and in some cases a riced out honda.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input. Right now it just sounds like a loud v6. I know I can't get the deep v8 I want, but anything is better than the ricer sound I'm getting now. I feel like I should be entering in Street races haha
Old 09-16-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by courtneyyyjo
Thanks for the input. Right now it just sounds like a loud v6. I know I can't get the deep v8 I want, but anything is better than the ricer sound I'm getting now. I feel like I should be entering in Street races haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=134vSwMlPsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmtpydMpLcE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rF-26db0I

Last edited by Namtaru; 09-16-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust/Muffler Help...Flowmaster/Banks