Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust System Help

Old 02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust System Help

Hi Everyone, I have a 08 Wrangler X 2DR. w/ a superchips tuner and a banks ram air intake. I am looking to get a catback exhaust for it but there are alot of options out there. I looked around and I am kind of liking the 3" catback from AFE 49-46202. I wanted to know what everyone else had out there, if there are any suggestions on products. I am looking for more HP and TQ and some sound. I hate the mini-van sound right now. All suggestions would be appreciated THANKS -Anthony
Old 02-03-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the mbrp 409 stainless system and like a lot.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

I run the 3" aFe and am really happy with it. Just a heads up, with a 2 door you will have to cut the midpipe length down. They ship the same kit for 4 door JKs so the midpipe is long. The pipe cutter can be rented for free with a deposit from autozone and only takes a few minutes to use. Assembly is easy and the system is high quality. Hit me up with any questions.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot on here run this system and love it.
It is an easy install, stainless steel and comes with our 90 day Sound and Performance Guarantee. Aren't happy? Return it for a refund.
Also no need to relocate your EVAP either, that saves you time and $ for other mods.
Good luck on your choice.

http://youtu.be/e1sSysyT_3s
Old 02-04-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

I run the AFE 3 inch, it's actually a little less than 3 but still much larger that the stock 2.25. I bought mine because they are the only 3 inch catback I could find and I plan to mod the y-pipe to 3 inch or go to the Ripp long tube headers which will come with 3 inch y-pipe.

I have a 4 inch lift which relocates the rear panhard bar axle mount to correct roll center. The axle loop bend is the tightest in the system and there was already clearance issues on the stock system so the Chrysler facory crimps their tube at this point. The relo panhard rubs the AFE 3 inch at this point under "full" right/rear suspension compression and it can't be adjusted out from what I can tell. It just barely touches and the suspension isn't in this position often so no harm done.

The muffler looks like a turbo/chambered, but it is a oval straight through design. The sound is deep and mellow. I expeted cabin drone because of the large diameter and no resonator, but there is almost none.

Overall, great sound, increased performance and good quality. I got the hidden high-mount tip since I didn't want to squash it on the trail.

Last edited by mycenae; 02-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust System Help