Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which exhaust system for my 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Old 09-20-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which exhaust system for my 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Flowmaster? or Banks?

I heard that Banks Monster exhaust is what people prefer for a good sound, not to over the top? Which series?

What do you guys suggest. Im new to jeep world.

R

example i found on the tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YR2GbhR310
Old 09-20-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will find that Magnaflow and MBRP are popular here on the forums for a drop in kit. For those who cut/weld - the flowmaster super 44 is popular.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Asked this same question a week or so ago and got no response, hopefully something interesting comes out in this thread.

You can use YouTube to find some videos of exhaust notes, it actually helps quite a bit.

I am becoming fond of the Gibson exhaust, particularly the dual pipe version.

Last edited by Joe Boxer; 09-20-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dual

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
Asked this same question a week or so ago and got no response, hopefully something interesting comes out in this thread.

You can use YouTube to find some videos of exhaust notes, it actually helps quite a bit.

I am becoming fond of the Gibson exhaust, particularly the dual pipe version.

I like duel exhaust also, just wondering if thats too much noise with two pipes or if it even matters. I dont want to be obnoxious but a good strong sound. No rice rocket twang to it.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the banks monster exhaust. I think it sounds good. Not to loud and no rice rocket sound. Its pretty quite until you get on it. I like it and its stainless.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Howdy,
I sure would reccomend the flowmaster 60 series muffler. I have one mounted in the stock location and it sounds great. Very deep sounding with no interior drone. It is the only flowmaster that is designed for the 6 cylinder engine. Good luck with your choice!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by onebawl
I like duel exhaust also, just wondering if thats too much noise with two pipes or if it even matters. I dont want to be obnoxious but a good strong sound. No rice rocket twang to it.
The existence of two exit ports doesn't mean that it will be louder, loudness is determined by the muffler itself and the diameter of the piping. Additionally, the only way you'll get a "rice rocket twang" from a muffler mated to a Wrangler is if you intentionally install a "rice rocket" muffler. Each exhaust will do something a little different to enunciate the particular notes coming from the Jeep engine, so you'll have to listen to a few to determine what it is that you want. Again, from my brief research, I like the aggressive sound of the Gibson catback -- I don't think it sounds too loud, but it's definitely noticeable.

Last edited by Joe Boxer; 09-20-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Gibson is junk, I know a couple of people who trashed them because of the drone and shoddy quality. I am curious about the cherry bomb that Rustys has or their muffler on their website.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a 2011 here and have been pondering the same thing..

I ruled out Gibson because it's too loud.

I've narrowed it to MBRP, and Rusty's... The MagnaFlow sounds great but comes at a price.

The Rusty's with the Cherry Bomb Pro sounds awesome as well, and you can't beat the price at under $200 shipped. Almost cheap enough to chuck it if you hate it.

Many of the links are busted but here is the Exhaust Sound Clip Library...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dynomax Rockcrawler. Fit is awesome, sound is just right.

Quick Reply: Which exhaust system for my 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport