Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extra Fire Power kit for the 3.8L

Old 03-02-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra Fire Power kit for the 3.8L

Accidental post

Last edited by nosnhoj1; 03-02-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Converted
I have 129,000 on my '09 JK and needed to replace the wires. This wire set is top shelf. custom length, factory crimps, numbered, high temp covering, look good, should easily last another 100+

I also replaced the plugs with Autolite double platinum and gapped them to .065 as directed to do in the coil pack instructions.

After 3 tanks of fuel I see no improvement in fuel economy. I run a 4" rancho lift and 35" KM2's so 15 is about as good as I can get in everyday driving. So far there is no improvement on that number.

Additionally there is no "seat of the pants" detectable improvement in performance.

If you need wires I would highly recommend these wires. They are only about $20 more than the Mopar set and they are well worth the money.

I cannot recommend the coil pack unless possibly you have a bad coil and need to replace it anyway.
Thanks for sharing, but I don't see what coil/wire combo you got?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eumel789
Thanks for sharing, but I don't see what coil/wire combo you got?
How about those results? Did I miss them?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Screamin demon ignition

Originally Posted by eumel789
Just ordered a super-hot ignition coil "Screaming Demon" and awesome 10mm wires to go with it! A friend who is using this set-up reports "only good stuff", incl. a 1 MPG increase. That will get better, but for now he can't keep his foot out of it, running strong! Hope it will do the same for me! If nothing else, it will waterproof the ignition a lot more, because the silicone boots grap like crazy. They withstand heat up to 1,400 F!
Anybody running this set-up?
sor7.com/JEEP-Accs.html
(Scroll down)
I installed the kit on my 2010 and it made a slight difference in acceleration. I have my foot into it a little more now so I cant speak to the mileage. If you want better mileage, get AT's instead of MT's. Mud terrains have horrible rolling resistance. Get two sets, one for daily use and one for off road.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if its more beneficial on a supercharged application.....?

Quick Reply: Extra Fire Power kit for the 3.8L