Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extremely Poor Service from Hanson/Pure Jeep

Old 09-10-2017, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Extremely Poor Service from Hanson/Pure Jeep

Figured I'd share:

Ordered some PJ C-gussets on July 16th. Only received an e-receipt for my order.

August 16th rolls around, I emailed asking on an update. Got nothing back.

August 21st I called in asking for an update, and how this could possibly take so long. After being on hold for 15 minutes, I get a "oh sorry sir, they'll be cut out and shipped out to you by the end of NEXT week."

Emailed them a week later (after no update) asking to cancel my order. NOTHING back.

Called them again last week and got the same "they'll be shipped out by the end of next week."

What the hell happened to this company? I'm on the verge of opening a dispute with my CC company. I already ordered the Synergy gussets at this point...

Beware: Pure Jeep/Hanson is without a doubt the worst JK company I've dealt with to this day. Absolutely no regard for their customers.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Figured I'd share:

Ordered some PJ C-gussets on July 16th. Only received an e-receipt for my order.

August 16th rolls around, I emailed asking on an update. Got nothing back.

August 21st I called in asking for an update, and how this could possibly take so long. After being on hold for 15 minutes, I get a "oh sorry sir, they'll be cut out and shipped out to you by the end of NEXT week."

Emailed them a week later (after no update) asking to cancel my order. NOTHING back.

Called them again last week and got the same "they'll be shipped out by the end of next week."

What the hell happened to this company? I'm on the verge of opening a dispute with my CC company. I already ordered the Synergy gussets at this point...

Beware: Pure Jeep/Hanson is without a doubt the worst JK company I've dealt with to this day. Absolutely no regard for their customers.
oh dude, don't even get me started on these guys! They are horrible. Long story, but it took them months to send out my rear bumper. I called every week and was told "it's in powder coating and will ship next week", it was a running joke between my wife and I when I called and I still tell her that when I don't do something she asks me to do. I tried to cancel and they said no. I filed a complaint with the BBB and my credit card company. They eventually sent me a piece of garbage prototype or something with shitty welds and the main mounting bracket is welded in upside down and was unusable like that. I called them to claim their workmanship warrantee and sent them pictures of their crap. The guy on the phone said I would be responsible for shipping both ways making it cost prohitive then I never heard from him again and they won't answer phone or emails. I got it mounted on the jeep good enough to not rip off if I hook a tow strap up to it, but as soon as I can I am removing that hack from my Jeep. Can't even stand to look at it anymore. I would definitely file a claim before too much time passes. Steve is the owner, try to talk to him. He is an a$$ though, he owned a couple of these company's and I had issues with his company Calmini 20 years ago. That's the way he runs his businesses so don't expect him to give a damn.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was under the impression Companies could not charge your card until the item shipped
Old 09-11-2017, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by akguy09
I was under the impression Companies could not charge your card until the item shipped
They charged me the next day and it took over 3 months to ship, that was after many attempts to contact them and a mail fraud claim. They then sent me a rejected unit so they were able to show my bank a tracking number.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an awful time getting my front skid plate from them. I bought my bumper off of eBay and wanted the matching skid.

The fouled up thing is that the quality on my bumper is first rate. It's too bad that a company with great fab capabilities can be run into the ground so bad.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 63expert
I had an awful time getting my front skid plate from them. I bought my bumper off of eBay and wanted the matching skid.

The fouled up thing is that the quality on my bumper is first rate. It's too bad that a company with great fab capabilities can be run into the ground so bad.
I've had their front bumper and skid for a couple years, very nice looking and well built. I ordered the rear, not just because it was the matching one, but also I thought it had the best lines, not boxy and angular like most of the ones out there. I would never recommend or purchase anything else from them because of the way I was treated. I was going to order the tire carrier that goes with it and maybe their rock rails, but I'm not going to now. I guess my spare will stay in the bed.

Trending Topics

Old 09-21-2017, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Update:

Still no word from PJ/Hanson. I'm in disbelief that a company like this is ghosting me (phone calls and emails). Left such a poor taste in my mouth.

Time to call Capital One.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:34 AM
JK Newbie

Call Capitol One asap, if you wait too long it wil be harder to file a claim. It's considered mail fraud, look up the laws. Once they hear from the bank about it they will respond. They sent me what appeared to be a rejected bumper they had laying around, no way that made it through quality control (if they even have that). They just needed a tracking number to provide to the bank. I was ghosted after that. I'm in a club with over 150 members, we share these stories. The bumpers look pretty nice but the company is unethical, too many options out there to deal with a company that screws over their customers. Steve, if you come across this thread on day: 🖕🏼
Old 09-22-2017, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

What's Steve's last name? I had a run in with him about 20 years ago about a winch bumper and comparability with my winch. We should keep track of him.

Quick Reply: Extremely Poor Service from Hanson/Pure Jeep