Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fab Fours Front/Rear Bumper

Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the diameter of the bar in front of the grille on the bumper? 1.5 in. or 1.75 in.? I have the bumpers ordered, looking to suspend lights and would like to know what size ring mounts to purchase. I could not find this info on Fab Fours' website.

Last edited by mcaden; 01-30-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edwin907
I've got the FabFour front and rear bumpers and am very pleased with them.
I like the full width front bumper with the stock flares, it gives good protection to the fender/wheel/tire that you don't get with a stubby.
Several people posted that it was too big and heavy. Well yeah, it probably is if you running the stock tires/offset, and are used to Jeeps with a stubby and 37s, but if you're on 35X12.5 with proper offset wheels it's just right.

There were no problems with installation, all the bolt holes line up exactly, and when you're through a smile will come over your face, "it couldn't have been that easy, could it?"

The 90mm Hella 55w fog and 60mm turn signal lights are very high quality, just like the bumper itself. These are also very useful fog lights, and integrated with the turn signals gives an attractive looking unit.

The rear is a beauty, it's not near as big as the photos seem to suggest, it doesn't hang back too far, or too low. It's heavy and expensive just like the front, and adds a first rate tire carrier.

Both front and rear have excellent D-ring mounts. The front 1" you can dremmel out for a 1 1/8" pin easy enough for those really big d-rings, and the rear is standard 3/4" and also adds a 2" receiver.

I've thought long and hard about a stubby or mid-stubby on the front, but I just go look at the Jeep out in the garage or parked in the driveway and smile.
I hope to add a 22" Xmitter to the top of the hoop, then I'll be done! With the bumper!

I have a crush on your Jeep, it is so nice!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look of the front bumper and was thinking about getting it. I also like the tube fenders though and I'm not sure if that bumper would look right with the tube fenders. Has anyone done this setup or have any pictures of it?

Quick Reply: Fab Fours Front/Rear Bumper