Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got the hi-lift jack somewhere inside

Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got the hi-lift jack somewhere inside

Thanks to Mike 607's post https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...3&postcount=24 I've got the jack inside, with a little twist.

Instead of foam, I bought a cheap softside rifle bag from walmart to put the jack in. The hook of the lifting part of the jack sticks out a little, but it's near the last part of the zipper, so not too terrible. Plus I can put the base and the top part in the bag with the jack.

To fasten it to the seat bars, I got some wide velcro and put the sticky sides together to make long straps that will wrap around and hold it tight.
Wally World had some 2 inch wide stuff that seems really strong.

I don't plan on this being the solution I use forever, but I had to secure it somehow, especially since it's a family vehicle.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haokah
Thanks to Mike 607's post https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...3&postcount=24 I've got the jack inside, with a little twist.

Instead of foam, I bought a cheap softside rifle bag from walmart to put the jack in. The hook of the lifting part of the jack sticks out a little, but it's near the last part of the zipper, so not too terrible. Plus I can put the base and the top part in the bag with the jack.

To fasten it to the seat bars, I got some wide velcro and put the sticky sides together to make long straps that will wrap around and hold it tight.
Wally World had some 2 inch wide stuff that seems really strong.

I don't plan on this being the solution I use forever, but I had to secure it somehow, especially since it's a family vehicle.

Lets see the PICS MAN!!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

hell yeah that sounds like a good one post some pics
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, here are some pics.
I would have rather had a black bag, but brown was all they had near me, and I want to have the jack with me this weekend.
Also, taking the pictures made me notice I need to finish tucking the carpet back in from running speaker wire.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

You know, if that works for you...awesome because it's an affordable way to hold a valuable tool.

Me on the other hand, IMO, my buddy has a welder, so I'm gonna custom fab a bar for my hood to put my Hi-Lift Jack on. I love the whole Jack laying across the hood, just feels military and rugged to me...that's just me though.

Quick Reply: Finally got the hi-lift jack somewhere inside