Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster Custom Dual Exhaust (pics, vid)

Old 06-17-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster Custom Dual Exhaust (pics, vid)

Much thanks to 2k2wranglerx for his help and expertise in helping me decide on a suitable exhaust system for my new jeep. I went with the same setup he has outlined in this thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38320
It is a single in dual out Flowmaster 80 series (meant for cameros and firebirds i think) all welded together it is much smaller than stock, and much much louder. I opted not to put tips on the end as I would probably just wreck them first time offroad! Anyways here are the pics and a short vid of it. To me it is quite loud, but sounds very nice, not to ricer and pretty deep and throaty (for a v6) it has a really nice gurgle when you let off the gas! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Video:
VIDEO HERE
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Sounded Awesome!

Awesome!

S.R.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a mighty small muffler. Does it drone at highway speed?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
That's a mighty small muffler. Does it drone at highway speed?
Slight drone I guess, but at a lower steady rpm its very bearable, dont even notice it really....especially if you have top or doors off!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

very nice...any noticeable gain/loss?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reminds me that I still need to do mine. I'm tired of tripping over it in the garage. Been too hot to wrench lately though
Old 06-18-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by revolucion!
very nice...any noticeable gain/loss?
no loss thats for sure, and it feels like i may have gained a bit in the midrange? Its hard to tell, i've only had it for a day!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

sounds great just watched the vid... nice work
Old 06-18-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks awesome 07Rubi2Dr, your going to love the setup. I have the same Flowmaster, it is indeed for an Fbody, mines also a single in dual out, but I added a FM glasspack just forward of the rear axle because it had kind of a ricer sound to it, the glasspack mellowed it out and gave it a mild v8 rumble. I have quad tips, already bent them up on the rocks a little. I'm getting ready to order Woods storage so I'm going to replace the glasspack with a Dynomax stainless true-flow race muffler and maybe just a single out kickdown tailpipe tucked away for the rocks. I also removed the after 02 Sensor CATs to improve flow, does not affect the PCM 02 readings, left the pre-02 CATs in place in that those help run the computer air/fuel ratio, etc. This setup flows really well, with a Cold Air Induction it should give me some seat-of-the-pants horsepower. I may make my own CAI, debating at this point. Personally think they are way overpriced no more than what they give you.

SOUND CLIP:

FM glasspack

After 02 sens CATs removed

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 06-18-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Looks awesome 07Rubi2Dr, your going to love the setup. I have the same Flowmaster, it is indeed for an Fbody, mines also a single in dual out, but I added a FM glasspack just forward of the rear axle because it had kind of a ricer sound to it, the glasspack mellowed it out and gave it a mild v8 rumble. I have quad tips, already bent them up on the rocks a little. I'm getting ready to order Woods storage so I'm going to replace the glasspack with a Dynomax stainless true-flow race muffler and maybe just a single out kickdown tailpipe tucked away for the rocks. I also removed the after 02 Sensor CATs to improve flow, does not affect the PCM 02 readings, left the pre-02 CATs in place in that those help run the computer air/fuel ratio, etc. This setup flows really well, with a Cold Air Induction it should give me some seat-of-the-pants horsepower. I may make my own CAI, debating at this point. Personally think they are way overpriced no more than what they give you.
Thanks for that, it sounds really good as well. I dont hear a huge difference but your right it is a little bit deeper. I've got no problem with the way mine is now though. Today with the roof and doors on its alot quiter.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Custom Dual Exhaust (pics, vid)