Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forced Induction - Denver/Colorado area - Emissions

Old 09-30-2018, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Forced Induction - Denver/Colorado area - Emissions

Anyone out there running a not CARB certified FI kit on their 3.6L in Colorado that is going through and passing emissions without removing? There are ways to pass the sniff test but not sure how specific or what they're looking for on the visual (hood up) inspection. Are you CARB certified folks passing okay without hassle?

I installed a CARB cert'd fuel injection system on my old CJ (258) and even though it passed the sniff with flying colors, youda thought I was trying to smuggle pure peruvian cocaine with the effort required to convince them with paperwork that it was legit.

Thanks for any feedback.

PS: Please for the love all things Jeep, don't let this devolve into a brand or FI technology war......

Last edited by fredrok; 09-30-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I pass emissions with my RIPP'd 07 in CA no problem. You need to have the CARB sticker installed and point it out to them. Also it helps to have the carb page executive order, here's a link to the 3.8 version. If you find the 3.6 EO # and search for it, you should be able to find the executive order. You cannot be denied a pass because of a supercharger with both of these docs.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/afterm...s/eo/d-705.pdf
Old 10-03-2018, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Appreciate the info, thank you but would love for any non-carb folks to chime in if they're getting through somehow. I do understand it's a non-event with a carb kit.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction - Denver/Colorado area - Emissions