Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox ATS steering stabilizer ??

Old 06-01-2019, 12:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fox ATS steering stabilizer ??

Anyone have any input/advice on this?

some have suggested steering stabilizer upgrades are not needed.

However, this version is adjustable and has interesting claims.

I have the Bilstein 5100 series (#1 ranked) on the workbench and am wondering if I should return it and out the $80 toward one of these, if it will be noticeably better.

4wheel parts has it on sale for $224. However, it’s the wrong part number. I sent them a message to see if they have the correct one for my Jeep At that price.

2007 jk unlimited four door with budget boost now and 33s, mopar 2” lift and 35s soon.

i was able to use the 5% promo code and ended up with $192.38

their part number indicates it is for the 1-5/8” tie rod.

Last edited by poesdad; 06-01-2019 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Ya, save your money. You don't need an aftermarket steering stabilizer. One of the biggest waste of money the JK crowd does, that and double throw down kits on a daily driver.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

That $370 is better spent on just about any other upgrade.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

That cash could easily go towards a new tie rod that will make your steering feel better and actually be stronger than your stock stuff. Pass on the stabilizer. I haven't had one on in a LONG time, ever since I went to HD steering.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As its already been said, its a waste of money. I have never run a stabilizer on my 4 door, never felt the need for one. What problem do you have that your trying to fix or cure with it?
Old 06-01-2019, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Ya, save your money. You don't need an aftermarket steering stabilizer. One of the biggest waste of money the JK crowd does, that and double throw down kits on a daily driver.

Hey now...
Old 06-01-2019, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
That cash could easily go towards a new tie rod that will make your steering feel better and actually be stronger than your stock stuff. Pass on the stabilizer. I haven't had one on in a LONG time, ever since I went to HD steering.
Originally Posted by Ajkaz
As its already been said, its a waste of money. I have never run a stabilizer on my 4 door, never felt the need for one. What problem do you have that your trying to fix or cure with it?
Originally Posted by resharp001
That $370 is better spent on just about any other upgrade.
Originally Posted by TheDirtman
After looking closer I found there are multiple options and the one for $192 mounts different and also looks different (shaft sticks out the top/side) i assume this is where the tie rod comes into play.

Based on your input, I will just swap that bilstein on there and put the money toward something more beneficial. Thank you guys.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

So you didn't listen at all? The bilstein is a gas shock so it'll give you a "push" on the steering. Sell it. Save the money and spend it elsewhere. Shiny parts under the Jeep don't go far.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
So you didn't listen at all? The bilstein is a gas shock so it'll give you a "push" on the steering. Sell it. Save the money and spend it elsewhere. Shiny parts under the Jeep don't go far.
I think I paid $77 for it. I’ll see how much it will cost to ship back and maybe they will let me put it toward a tie rod upgrade or something else.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by poesdad
I think I paid $77 for it. I’ll see how much it will cost to ship back and maybe they will let me put it toward a tie rod upgrade or something else.
The same thing was said right about the Bilstein SS a month ago in the first 2 responses in this thread, post #3 & 4 -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...4/#post4341296

Quick Reply: Fox ATS steering stabilizer ??