Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperChip TrailDash 2 transmission issues

Old 03-09-2018, 11:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SuperChip TrailDash 2 transmission issues

I have a 2013 JK unlimited rubicon with an automatic transand i just installed the Super chip Trail Dash 2.

i intalled the unit and have been testing the different performance modes bit my issue is it is causing some major issues trying to shift.

its either not down shifting or it will not shift past 3rd gear.

any ideas??
Old 03-10-2018, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Did you change the gear ratio. Even though our 2012 Rubicon's have 4:11 gears you cannot change the gear ratio from the Trail Dash 2 default which is a different number unless you have actually done a gear change. That isn't in the instructions but mine did the same thing, I called Superchips and they said set it back to default and the problem went away.
The following users liked this post:
tylergurnee (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Here are my notes:

Axle 3.73, said don’t change unless you’ve changed axles. Changed to 4.10. Said vehicle settings have been changed. To revert lockable features to stock select “Factory Reset” under “Settings” in the main menu.

Drove it and speedo was fine with 4:10 setting, but I was doing 4500 rpm at 75 rather than 2500 and the paddle shift didn’t work. Reset to Factory settings and all is fine, showing 3:73s again.

Called tech and they said the 3:73s are just a placeholder and don’t change the gear ratio unless you’ve actually changed gears.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default bbolander

Originally Posted by bbolander
Here are my notes:

Axle 3.73, said don’t change unless you’ve changed axles. Changed to 4.10. Said vehicle settings have been changed. To revert lockable features to stock select “Factory Reset” under “Settings” in the main menu.

Drove it and speedo was fine with 4:10 setting, but I was doing 4500 rpm at 75 rather than 2500 and the paddle shift didn’t work. Reset to Factory settings and all is fine, showing 3:73s again.

Called tech and they said the 3:73s are just a placeholder and don’t change the gear ratio unless you’ve actually changed gears.
thats exactly what it was doing so i just leave it stock? did you change the tire size? have you used any of the other modes?

THANKS!!
Old 03-11-2018, 12:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tylergurnee
thats exactly what it was doing so i just leave it stock? did you change the tire size? have you used any of the other modes?

THANKS!!
You just leave the gear ratio at the setting the Trail Dash 2 came with or change it back to that. In my case it was 3:73 and I bought my Trail Dash 2 in Oct 2016. I did change the tire size and regardless of calculation that turned out to be trial and error with a separate GPS to get the speedometer right. I have tried the 87 Octane tune and my mpg seemed to increase. I have also changed the TPMS setting, and you need to apply to Superchips for a code to enter to get that done. I always set it my Trail Dash 2 back to stock before I take it into the dealer.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

that worked!!! THANKS!!

what gas do you run? I run 87 but whn i looked at the crawl mode it said 92 and higher..... does it matter?
Old 03-12-2018, 12:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tylergurnee
that worked!!! THANKS!!

what gas do you run? I run 87 but whn i looked at the crawl mode it said 92 and higher..... does it matter?
Glad it worked for you. I run 87 octane and have only used the 87 octane performance program, not the crawl mode. The manual says crawl mode makes the pedal less sensitive, but I'm very happy with the Rubicon crawling in stock form. The manual says in crawl mode use 87 octane or higher, so I have no experience in what to tell you there.

Quick Reply: SuperChip TrailDash 2 transmission issues