Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freedom Top Carrier?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Top Carrier?

I thought I recently saw a Freedom Top Carrier that mounted behind the spare tire, similar to a Bike Rack, that would allow you to put both the front Freedom Top pieces on the back so you didn't lose your cargo space. Has anyone else seen anything like this or was I just seeing what I wanted to see?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

No you are not just seeing things, Jeep does make one, i am not sure on the part number though. But i have seen them as well, my only consern with it is that the freedom tops scratch real easy and i would think that these things would rub togather and get all scratched up. CAN YOU RHINO LINE A HARD TOP???
Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Well, I just figured on getting some of the freedom top carrier bags. That, or a simple bit of steel wrapped in neoprene should keep them from scratching and hold up pretty well in the weather.

If anybody can sling a part number up there, I would be eternally grateful...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Okay, after a little research, I found two items...

First, there is one sparetire mounting freedom top carrier pictured in the Jeep Accessories PDF listed on the Project-JK site, however it is a dealer accessory part. I would think Mopar would be retailing this, but didn't see anything on their site.

Also, Quadratech is listing a Lange Freedom Top Carrier, part 12020.13, that mounts behind the rear seats, holding the tops upright. Unfortunately, this think looks like it wipes out the little rear visibility left since it looks like it takes up quite a bit of vertical space. It can be found in the hardtop accessories section of their site.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm with you Natec, the carrier is in the jeep catolog but I haven't found it on the web at all....may have to hit the dealer......Im thinking of adding a self made carrier to my trailer hitch basket...kinda like those trucks running around with windshields in the back.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the Mopar storage bag for the two front Freedom Top panels. It is pretty basic, with a piece of fabric in the middle so that the two pieces don't scratch each other. The neat part about it however is that it hangs in the cargo area behind the rear seat off the metal posts holding up the rear headrests. Then there are two clips that attach at the floor so that they don't fly up. This preserves a good amount of the cargo space.
Bill Maloney
Old 02-13-2007, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

WMaloney,

Can you post a pic of this setup?

The catalog version doesn't show much.

What did you pay?
Old 02-14-2007, 01:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll post a picture in the next 24 hours. Paid $79 which is the catalog price. Not sure I would have paid it, but I had some "Dealer Dollar" certificates, which are the rebates you get with the Chrysler/Jeep credit card.
Bill
Old 02-14-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wmaloney
I just got the Mopar storage bag for the two front Freedom Top panels. It is pretty basic, with a piece of fabric in the middle so that the two pieces don't scratch each other. The neat part about it however is that it hangs in the cargo area behind the rear seat off the metal posts holding up the rear headrests. Then there are two clips that attach at the floor so that they don't fly up. This preserves a good amount of the cargo space.
Bill Maloney
Sweet! I'd like to see a pic too.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default got a link to see or buy this?

curious to know where can I find this besides the dealer?

Quick Reply: Freedom Top Carrier?