Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front adjustable lower control arms and Front adjustable track bar.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front adjustable lower control arms and Front adjustable track bar.

Just wondering what you guys would recommend using on a 2.5 lift? I'm not doing any rock crawling just looking for a dependable, trouble free upgrade.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark71
Just wondering what you guys would recommend using on a 2.5 lift? I'm not doing any rock crawling just looking for a dependable, trouble free upgrade.
I would reccomend doing both of them. the adjustable trackbar will center your axle, but it probably wont be too off with 2.5 lift. The front adj lowers will dial in your caster, after you lift the jeep youll notice it might be a little flighty on the highway. the lowers help get you back to stock. see how it is after you lift it, maybe youll find you dont need them. good luck.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

We did the 2.5 Teraflex coil lift and ran it for 1 month with a stock trackbar and stock control arms......we wanted to see and feel the difference.
It sucked big time for us big time, floating, drifting left to right on any highway.....not a fun drive.
We did buy and install at 1 month the Teraflex track bar and lower control arms.....NIGHT and DAY difference.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3368.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	314571  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

I have been looking at the teraflex track bar and the LCA's. I've had the lift installed for about a month and it is a little flighty at highway speeds and that is what I am looking to correct . I refuse to use cam bolts to correct the caster.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at the teraflex track bar and the LCA's. I've had the lift installed for about a month and it is a little flighty at highway speeds and that is what I am looking to correct . I refuse to use cam bolts to correct the caster.
ahh, been up all night..didnt even think you put the lift on yet for some reason lol. I love my teraflex lowers, plenty of adjustability and they have taken some big hits. the TF adj trackbar is the beefiest available for sure, I might upgrade to it from my JKS.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

I've also been looking at the rough country LCA's and track bar. Any reviews on them would be a big help. I don't have a ton of cash left after wheels tires and lift.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jspec makes some really nice fixed lowers that work great for a 2.5 kit and are very affordable. 210 shipped I believe. Also JKS front trackbars!

David
Old 05-09-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't go cheap on suspension parts. I'm running TF arms and the ride is great. I also have the JKS adjustable trackbar and haven't had any issues with it.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am running a TF 2.5 lift and just got a set of rock krawler LCAs. Huge difference! I wish I would have gotten them from the start.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys. That's a big help.

Quick Reply: Front adjustable lower control arms and Front adjustable track bar.