Front Dana60/44 Hybrid DIY Conversion planning discussion (Fushion 4x4) - Page 4 - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices

Front Dana60/44 Hybrid DIY Conversion planning discussion (Fushion 4x4)

Reply

 
 
Old 08-09-2017, 10:53 AM
  #31
JK Freak
 
larry0071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 775
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I don't know if things changed in the last 6 months, but my buddy bought the Spicer Ultimate 44 from 4WD (Sara Oaks is our clubs sales person, ask for her and see if she can still do this?) for $3500 sitting on his driveway with upgrade alloy axle shafts, gears of his choice, TruTrac LSD, thicker/bigger tubes, massively upgraded brackets, HD inner knuckles, added caster for lifts... It is a turn-key solution that may not be the strongest option out there, but it is one of the very cheapest.
larry0071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:15 PM
  #32
JK Junkie
Thread Starter
 
Rednroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,981
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

^^^
Gears, Truetrac, upgraded axles, tubes, etc for $3500? Yeah, that has my interests. Thanks Larry!

Hubs?
Bolt on re-use of the stock brakes?
Rednroll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:53 PM
  #33
JK Super Freak
 
jtphoto JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Posts: 1,262
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
^^^ Gears, Truetrac, upgraded axles, tubes, etc for $3500? Yeah, that has my interests. Thanks Larry! Hubs? Bolt on re-use of the stock brakes?
There won't be TruTrac option on the UD44, it is a enhanced Rubi housing. But it is a great deal. And yes it uses your factory knuckles and brakes.
jtphoto JK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:23 PM
  #34
JK Junkie
Thread Starter
 
Rednroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,981
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK View Post
There won't be TruTrac option on the UD44, it is a enhanced Rubi housing. But it is a great deal. And yes it uses your factory knuckles and brakes.
I'm in a toss up between truetrac or lockers in the front. Definitely Truetrac in the rear. I like playing in the snow, so that's why I'm leaning towards an axle that would give me a truetrac option in the front. Always on scenarios. I also don't prefer the hard steering that comes with a locked front axle.
Rednroll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:44 PM
  #35
JK Super Freak
 
jtphoto JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Posts: 1,262
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
I'm in a toss up between truetrac or lockers in the front. Definitely Truetrac in the rear. I like playing in the snow, so that's why I'm leaning towards an axle that would give me a truetrac option in the front. Always on scenarios. I also don't prefer the hard steering that comes with a locked front axle.
There is not much choice in the matter for a TruTrac front. Like you, I was determined to have TruTrac front and rear but alas the only way to get a TruTrac in a front D44 is if you order a Dynatrac PR44 or G2 Core44 SAE housing. All other front D44 housings including factory Rubi are Metric.
jtphoto JK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:18 PM
  #36
JK Enthusiast
 
cedarraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Traverse city MI
Posts: 348
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rednroll
^^^
Gears, Truetrac, upgraded axles, tubes, etc for $3500? Yeah, that has my interests. Thanks Larry!

Hubs?
Bolt on re-use of the stock brakes?
I talked to my gear set up guy the other day and he was saying within this year they are reworking the axle. The c's will be twice as thick and they will be putting the ARB in them. I've seen them they reuse your hubs and brakes
cedarraider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:28 PM
  #37
JK Junkie
Thread Starter
 
Rednroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,981
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cedarraider View Post
I talked to my gear set up guy the other day and he was saying within this year they are reworking the axle. The c's will be twice as thick and they will be putting the ARB in them. I've seen them they reuse your hubs and brakes
I'm just in the planning stages right now. I'm actually considering waiting until the JL comes out as well. I'm curious to find out if the JL and JK axles will be interchangeable and maybe the JL will provide another axle option to our shopping list.
Rednroll is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JKJB
Modified JK Tech
0
01-22-2015 05:30 PM
JKJB
Modified JK Tech
9
10-19-2014 08:01 PM
BoogieMan
Great Lakes
3
03-01-2013 05:08 PM
FlameRedJK
SoCal
1
05-31-2012 09:14 AM
sn4cktime
JK Show & Tell
6
08-31-2009 07:56 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:02 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: