Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Trackbar & Sector Shaft Questions

Old 05-06-2014, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Trackbar & Sector Shaft Questions

I'm getting ready to upgrade my tires to 35" Nittos and it was recently recommend to me that if I'm putting bigger tires on (35" and up) that I should consider a kit to reinforce my front trackbar and sector shaft.

Question #1
How important is this? Do you folks out there have some experience that you can share?

Question #2
I found 2 different brackets from different manufacturers and I'm curious... Which one would you choose?

Synergy Manufacturing Front Track Bar Brace & Sector Shaft Brace
Click image for larger version

Name:	164548-md.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	550840

JKS Front Trackbar + Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit
Click image for larger version

Name:	F62507034.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	550841

Synergy's brace costs around $200
JKS wants just a tad over $300 for their version, but it looks like it's a more complete kit.

I could really use some feedback on this.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I highly recommend the Synergy kit. I did not have it when I ran my 35's but installed once I went to 37's however looking back I should have done it a long time ago. It is a very solid and quality combo! I upgraded to the Synergy track bar as well and my steering feels great now even on 37's. I have seen first hand a sector shaft shear in two so in my opinion this is cheap insurance to keep your steering box healthy.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

I agree. It should be done. Tie rod should also be upgraded at the same time. None of the steering components from the factory are strong enough to support big heavy tires. They may not brake but there will be more flex in the bars than u want.

I run 37" tires. After doing my steering it has a noticeably more stable feel.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

I agree with the synergy kit.. Had 35s for a couple of years and this happened a couple of days ago
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2977247995.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	550878  
Old 05-06-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

I am going with the synergy kit, installing it this weekend. I already have the synergy track bar and will also be adding the tie rod as well.

In my research the JKS option required removing the steering box to install and also welding a bracket on for that brace you see in the photo- a much more invasive install if you are doing it yourself, which I am.

Quick Reply: Front Trackbar & Sector Shaft Questions