JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Full Traction 2" BB Install Tricks or Tips (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/full-traction-2-bb-install-tricks-tips-1505/)

crazy4sip 12-28-2006 11:18 AM

Full Traction 2" BB Install Tricks or Tips

I finally made up my mind and ordered the Full Traction 2" BB lift.

To those of you that have installed this lift, is there anything I should be prepared to alter or fabricate in addition to what's provided ?

I saw a post from someone on the board that mentioned having to make a improv bracket for the brake lines because they wouldn't reach.

Any other info would be appreciated.

As always thanks in advance, and I hope the New Year brings many newly delivered JK's to those who are waiting.

--Bill

2K1TJ 12-28-2006 11:31 AM

I'd drive it before installing the trac bar bracket. You may not need it. I mentioned having a bit of bump-steer after the install and someone said to try removing the bracket. I haven't yet though.

As for the brake lines, I didn't do any mods to them, but I loosened the bracket that holds the rear ones to the frame so I wouldn't over-extend and break them during the install. I secured them when I was finished though. I also did this to the e-brake cables. All this may have been unnecessary, but I wanted to be sure. Also, the rear diff breather tube popped off so I had to put it back on. It's just a push-on fit. There wasn't even a clamp there. I guess I should add one.

crazy4sip 12-28-2006 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ (Post 12049)
I'd drive it before installing the trac bar bracket. You may not need it. I mentioned having a bit of bump-steer after the install and someone said to try removing the bracket. I haven't yet though.

As for the brake lines, I didn't do any mods to them, but I loosened the bracket that holds the rear ones to the frame so I wouldn't over-extend and break them during the install. I secured them when I was finished though. I also did this to the e-brake cables. All this may have been unnecessary, but I wanted to be sure. Also, the rear diff breather tube popped off so I had to put it back on. It's just a push-on fit. There wasn't even a clamp there. I guess I should add one.

Thanks for the info, sounds likea good idea to lossen the brackets better safe than sorry. I'll try the install without the bracket I can always add it later If needed.

BTW how do you like the Maxis Bighorns ? Their also on my list along with the Cragar Soft 8's

Thanks for the Input

--Bill

J33P JK 12-28-2006 02:14 PM

I would suggest to leave the track bar relocation bracket off. Also if you plan on running disconnects and putting longer shocks on it then I would say that the rear brake lines will be too short. I had to make a bracket to extend mine. There really isn't much line there. The front "should" be OK, but at full flex mine are a little tight so I'll be getting extended brake lines before too much longer.