Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Traction 3" and 35/12.5/16 need wheel spacers?

Old 02-15-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction 3" and 35/12.5/16 need wheel spacers?

Looking to put the Full Traction 3" economy lift and 35's on my wifes Unlimited X and have had a hard time finding out if the 1.5" Spidertrax spacers are a necessity or an option. I have been trying to find out what the stock 16" wheel backspacing is and can't find it anywhere. I'm sure that someone here has done this same lift or knows someone that has. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Ripsnort
Old 02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not 100% on the 16", but the 17x7.5x17" wheels are 6.25" backspacing. I am using those and I would recommend using the spacers. I had minor rubbing at full steering lock prior to the spacers. I think it looks a lot better too.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Renegade! Just got off the phone with Full Traction and they said that with the stock wheels and 35/12.5/16 the spacers are not needed, but, sounds like you have the "real world" experience that would indicate that they are needed at least with the 17" wheels. I guess I am still looking for the backspacing for the 16" wheels to see if there is a big difference. Also, did you have any issues with the lift related to the having the hard top? Some say that the extra weight with cause the vehicle to sag a bit in the rear.

Ripsnort
Old 02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the hardtop is an issue. Most of the lifted JKs still sit a bit higher in the back anyway.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Great! Thanks for all the info. We should have the Jeep in another week and will be doing all the work before my wife will drive it!! I'll post some pics of the work and finished product.

Ripsnort

Quick Reply: Full Traction 3" and 35/12.5/16 need wheel spacers?