Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Traction 3" Vs. TerFlex 3"

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction 3" Vs. TerFlex 3"

Full Traction 3" Vs. TerFlex 3" ?? Maybe going to go this way... seems like way more work to go to 4".

Thoughts on Full Traction 3" Vs. TerFlex 3"?

So confused!

My thoughts for my yet received JK :

3" Lift
Stocks Wheels
35x12.50X17 Toyo Mud Terrains

HELP!!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw the 3" Superlift Black Diamond lift into the ring too. I'm trying to decide too. I'd like to hear some reports of how the ride is, and what shocks were used.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Guess it would depend on the kit....I am going the FT Ultimate which comes with alot more then FT's basic 3 or the Teraflex's 3.....Upper/Lower Adj Control Arms and Adjustable Front/Rear track bars...

Although it is pricey, it just seemed like the FT Ulti had all the parts I would want for the Lift to be put on and adjusted and tweaked to get the best driveability in one package...also I like the fact that is some no welding, no drive line changes and completely bolt on....Hopefully it comes out as nice as the marketing people make it sound.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

For me, I'm talking about the Basic 3" kits, the ones that will run $600-800 including new shocks.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Basic kits are great platforms to get you going but make no mistake, if you really want to dial in your ride, nothing short of adjustable upper/lower control arms and an adjustable front track bar will be able to give it to you.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

we got our FT 3" today.. I can not believe how heavy duty this lift is. very high quality.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Basic kits are great platforms to get you going but make no mistake, if you really want to dial in your ride, nothing short of adjustable upper/lower control arms and an adjustable front track bar will be able to give it to you.
That's one thing I like about the Black Diamond kit, it comes standard with the adj. front track bar. I am definitely going to be adding the control arms, etc. as time goes on.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RubiRed
That's one thing I like about the Black Diamond kit, it comes standard with the adj. front track bar. I am definitely going to be adding the control arms, etc. as time goes on.
I personally wouldn't change it until you also are ready to do those two options. (adj track bar and front upper control arms). That is what is nice about the Full Traction kit you can add those items seperately. Not sure how Teraflex offers it. You could also mix and match as some have done, I just like things to be all the same brand. Just me!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Just had a thought... seems like one could get the FT Premium kit and a pair of adjustable front uppers, and be very close to the quality of the Ultimate kit while saving about $400. The lowers would not be adjustable, and obviously the rear uppers would still be stock, but from what I've read those are somewhat less important to steering/ride quality.

On second thought, as I typed that, $400 started to sound like a pretty good deal for full adjustability all around.

Teraflex does appear to offer all the control arms separately or a package for around $1000, but if you throw in the track bars, it puts a comparable Teraflex "Ultimate" setup at well over 2 g's, where the Full Traction Ultimate with the nitro shocks is just under that.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered the FT 3" econo. yesterday and included the adj. front track bar. With the FT monotube shocks added in, the price came to $950. I'll work on the control arms as the pocketbook permits...

Quick Reply: Full Traction 3" Vs. TerFlex 3"