Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G2 Core44 axle housing install

Old 05-25-2017, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by christensent
On that truss that broke off your OEM housing, what type of rod did you use when welding to the cast housing, and what welding process did you use?

Also, I'm curious, do you actually notice an issue with having the track bar lifted only 2" instead of 3"? Theoretically it'd introduce bump steer, but I'm curious if it's enough magnitude to even notice a difference.
Honestly, I installed that truss 5 years ago probably. I don't remember all the details. I can just about guarantee I used the wrong wire type, procedure, etc.

I've not put a lot of miles on the jeep since I did the swap. The jeep is just a toy so I don't drive it every day. I can't say I've noticed a bump steer issue yet though. I can report back after I put some decent miles on her.

Originally Posted by chitown35

Haha thanks for the illustrated pic! I actually re-used the stock knuckles but I agree and think the thicker Cs have a decent effect. Ill have to re-do the stop bolt while checking for u-joint binding now that I have confirmation I'm not crazy!
Nope, you're not crazy man. The stock steering stops on the factory knuckles have the nut welded onto the bolt. So you'd have to either cut on your stock stop or I'd remove the stop and run to the nearest hardware store and match up the same thread bolt and nuts and make a new stop.

Originally Posted by DJ1
Good looking axle. Made in the USA. Do you know where those knuckles are made?
I don't know where the knuckles are made. Rancho's website says made in the USA at the bottom. Not sure if that is all products or just a certain few. I'll hope for all products.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:09 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdash
I don't know where the knuckles are made. Rancho's website says made in the USA at the bottom. Not sure if that is all products or just a certain few. I'll hope for all products.

It looks like you weren't the only one who bought into the lie, the fraud....

---> Question for anyone running Rancho Knuckles ... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Which is why I'll never put a POS Rancho product on my rig from this day forward.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:18 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As mentioned in the other thread, we aren't hiding anything.
90%+ of our products are made here in the USA. And are proud to hire hundreds of Americans across this country.
For us to get into a US foundry it is cost prohibitive, and we want to make a product at a fair/competitive price point.
I am sorry that you think we are being "frauds" but we aren't.
That is the template for the 100's, probably 1000's, of pages on our website.

Originally Posted by DJ1

---> Question for anyone running Rancho Knuckles ... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Which is why I'll never put a POS Rancho product on my rig from this day forward.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1

I guess I should have known that was a loaded question..... Thanks for doing your part to be todays troll. I looked at their knuckle and compared it to the Reid knuckles. I didn't see a real difference other then Rancho adds a drag link mount for right hand drive vehicles. Based on the visual comparison, I felt comfortable saving a few bucks and buying the Rancho knuckles..... plus I absolutely hate orange! I'm sure if I have a problem with these knuckles, Rancho will stand behind them, I'm not worried though.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:37 AM
DJ1
Former Member

I guess I should have known that was a loaded question..... Thanks for doing your part to be todays troll. I looked at their knuckle and compared it to the Reid knuckles. I didn't see a real difference other then Rancho adds a drag link mount for right hand drive vehicles. Based on the visual comparison, I felt comfortable saving a few bucks and buying the Rancho knuckles..... plus I absolutely hate orange! I'm sure if I have a problem with these knuckles, Rancho will stand behind them, I'm not worried though.

No problem. There are those of us who still support American manufacturing without having to be lied to. Troll? I've been called worse.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
No problem. There are those of us who still support American manufacturing without having to be lied to. Troll? I've been called worse.

I'm all for supporting US manufacturing whenever possible. I honestly didn't even visit the Rancho website when I ordered these so they did not "lie" to me. My past experience with Rancho products carried enough credibility for me to buy these knuckles with confidence. The only reason I knew their website said made in America was because you asked the above question, so I took the time to google and find out. I do agree, it would be nice for future purchasers that maybe the website had a line about "designed in the US, manufactured in xyz" or something. After reading the other thread, I see that you have Reid knuckles so I can respect the fact you want to call them out at every opportunity you get. I get it, you want to rep your part as the best part and everything else is subpar.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Not sure how this thread got derailed with the Rancho knuckles, but I personally have these and they are very nice. I have no issues or complaints about them, other than a little rust on the bare metal areas of the knuckles.

I am all for buying American products when available. I want to say I read somewhere that these knuckles are actually made in Australia, which to me is much better than China. At the end of the day my experience with the Rancho knuckles has been very good, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting a good product at a good price. If the product says made and USA and it isn't, maybe the country of origin should be shown so the consumer can be informed.

Last edited by Ryan0260; 05-26-2017 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:15 AM
DJ1
Former Member

I get it, you want to rep your part as the best part and everything else is subpar.

You obviously don't "get it" because straight from the gate you have no problem with the issue at hand. I could give 2 shits if people want to purchase a "Made In China" product. Your $. Do as you will. Just don't come whinin' when the only jobs available for the young one's are for part-time positions as a Costco ID checker or Walmart greeter.

What that JKO thread failed to show, since it was heavily moderated since 10+ posts from myself and others were deleted from that thread, and the bigger picture to be seen is that Rancho advertently lies to the consumer by using the "Made In The USA" banner as a blanket statement for all their products.

They falsely wear that banner in the face of all of the LEGIT mfg's who actually do make all their goods here in the USA. Vendors such as Metalcloak, JKS, Genright, Crawler Conceptz, VKS, etc. that bust their ass to keep jobs here stateside while others cheap out and use slave labor from overseas. This is a slap in the face to the true "Made In The USA" vendors who don't have to pull a BS marketing move just to move product off the shelf.

Guys on Pirate/JKO are in agreement on the BS move pulled by Rancho. I'd like to think there are some intelligent consumers here on JKF as well. But hey who knows, this Memorial Day weekend some here will probably put on their surplus dress blues and eBay purchased military badges and parade around town with their stolen valor in the same way Rancho trys to wear that fake "Made In The USA" badge.

* On another note, interesting that JKF would delete the emoticon of the smilies raising the US flag.... *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBSmUOf-zt4

Last edited by DJ1; 05-26-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:26 AM
DJ1
Former Member

I do agree, it would be nice for future purchasers that maybe the website had a line about "designed in the US, manufactured in xyz" or something.

Yet, since the product has been out for over a year and a half (per Rancho on the JKO thread), they can't spend 1 minute to change their website to counter the contradiction on the bottom of their webpage....

1.5 years vs. 1 minute...

LAME.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 6.53.45 PM.png
Views:	98
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	671932

Last edited by DJ1; 05-26-2017 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:01 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by Rancho
As mentioned in the other thread, we aren't hiding anything.
90%+ of our products are made here in the USA.

So which is it Mr. Sales Rep?

Is it 90% or is it 95% ????

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 4.53.36 AM.png
Views:	95
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	671933

---> Question for anyone running Rancho Knuckles ... - Page 2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Having been a seasoned Sales Professional myself in a former life, I can tell when someone is feeding me BS. Just a quick tip, it's much easier to tell the truth off the bat. When dishonesty is in play it causes difficulty in keeping an individual's story straight....

Quick Reply: G2 Core44 axle housing install