Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Genright Aux Gas tank

Old 09-09-2018, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Genright Aux Gas tank

In the last 2 weeks I installed a Genright Aux Gas Tank. It is nice now that it is installed but what a pain in the ass it was especially with an incomplete parts from Genright. I wrote this review on their website but of course it was not approved to be shown cause it has been two weeks now and it has not posted. Here is the review and info for others thinking about doing this upgrade.....

We finally finished the install today. I love the product and end result but there is so much left out of the install that you do not warn people about with all the different lift kits and after market parts out there. I realize you can not address every add on and lift kit but warning that just the rear sway bar and remove exhaust is not enough. I have a lift kit from rock krawler, 3.5" mid arm that was purchased in 2013-14 for my 2012. First thing, the rear track bar for this kit hit the tank unless we were to move the axel forward, not happening. We bought an artec bracket and ground it down after grinding old rear track bracket off. Finally got the clearance we needed after several trail and errors. 2nd brake lines sent with currie rear sway bar are not long enough had to get custom built ones to get the length needed. Also drop links were not near long enough, had to order new ones. I know this isn't anyones fault but I can not be the first that needed to do this. I would imagine most people doing this upgrade has a modified Jeep. A heads up would of been nice. 3rd thing, you have no parts list and this is not needed so much for the customer but for your shipping and packaging person. We were missing the top plate cover, numerous clamps and the filler hose. The cover was shipped out that morning overnight and was received next day. BUT we were told by staff this could be installed later. NOT true unless you drop the tank, remove the rear bumper again and the rear sway bar. During install the filler hose was not in box either. We called within hour or so of top plate and was told it was overnighted also, didn't happen I never received one. $22 a foot for filler hose. Needed about 3 feet, you do the math. After filler hose, clamps, brake lines and special fittings I spent about $175

bucks. 4th, you lose two mounting bolts for rear bumper so now it is not as secure. I have separate recovery points but most Jeeps have them for the rear on the bumper. Again a heads up would be nice. Also missing in instructions is that if you have a factory subwoofer you will have to remove in order to drill for the rivets for mounting the plate. There are a couple of other little things that would of been a nice heads up about but I cannot remember at this point just glad it is done. Would I do again if I knew what this was going to involve.....probably not. But once you cut hole in floor board there is no turning back. Am I glad now that it is done.....Oh ya! Now when I go to other states to hunt or vacation in Jeep I do not have to stop every 275-300 miles for gas. By the way I decided my springs were old enough to justify new ones. So I did that on all 4. Stock OEM fuel module is on back order for at least 3-4 months nationwide. I ended up getting one from parts store. Had a couple of questions along the way cause instructions are just so-so. The customer service was great and they even sent photos to describe. Andrew and Kieth were good through the process just the instructions and shortage of parts was very frustrating.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Interesting write up, certainly not a combination of products we have tried before. Which generation of our rear track bar do you have? double adjustable?

Adam C
Old 09-30-2018, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry just returned from New Mexico hunting. Having the extra 20 gallons was great BTW.

I bought the track bar with the lift back in 2013/2014. I think it is single adjustment but 100%

Quick Reply: Genright Aux Gas tank