Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Geolander be Wilpeak

Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Geolander be Wilpeak

Decided to go up up an it in size. Currently running p rated duratracs in 265/70/17. Around 7/32nds left of tread and with a new baby on the way want something with a little more bite for the winter plus can get a few bucks for the duratracs with a brand new spare.

Do light to moderate trails. Narrowed it down to 285/75/17 so get a true 34 which will fit on stock rims and not kill the oem carrier. Have 3.73 years so 34 should be okay.

Anybody have feedback on the following?

Yokohama geolander a/t g015
Falken wildpeak a/t3w

Both are winter rated and roughly same price where I am (Ontario Canada).
Old 08-13-2017, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Should read geolander vs wilpeak.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

love my wildpeaks, I've had them on for around 26k miles and have been extremely impressed with traction under all conditions (mud, dirt, rock, wet rock, etc) as well as pavement noise and how evenly they are wearing. I opted for 285/70/17 standard load and have been very pleased. Cost wise also they couldn't be beat.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I do not have have the atw3's but I had a set of the wildpeak at's/ rocky mountain and they wore pretty quickly in comparison to other tires. They got to the point where there was no siping and they looked basically like drag slicks. They've been removed and replaced.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen the old wildpeaks and how they wore(company vehicle) and the new At3s aren't even in the same league as the previous generation in a good way.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
love my wildpeaks, I've had them on for around 26k miles and have been extremely impressed with traction under all conditions (mud, dirt, rock, wet rock, etc) as well as pavement noise and how evenly they are wearing. I opted for 285/70/17 standard load and have been very pleased. Cost wise also they couldn't be beat.
Ordered the wildpeaks in 285/75/17. Heard way many good things about them and the local tire shop gave me a nice price.

Quick Reply: Geolander be Wilpeak