Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gettin Super Charged?

Old 02-03-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin Super Charged?

Hey All, in my restless times of extended waiting for my jeep I came across this. I know it is not a new tech but in my search of the forum I didn't see it mentioned.

By the write up on it It won't cause flow restriction when not rotating actually "thought" to aid in the atomization of the fuel. it's micro switch kicks it in at full throttle conditions to add the boost when it's most needed also since it is electric and does draw a fair amount of electric this is the best time. It doesn't seem to exceeded what any vehicle can handle electrically but it does make a draw.(with all the other electrical issues the JK has had this could be an issue)

Mounting is recommended either after the MAP or at least 9" in front of it. So my question to those with CAI from the box to the map is there room enough to install this?

Also comes in two configurations regular and super (1.0psi - 1.7psi) which is supposed to be 10+HP in addition to accompanying mods

Here is the link would like to hear (read) the discussion on this. Pros vs. Cons

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/eram2.php

Last edited by Robar; 09-26-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Edited non sponsor link.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Trust me you are wasting your time and money if you buy into this.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay.........why?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Archer
Okay.........why?
You know the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true...

Seriously though, those are a huge waste of $$$ and I can't believe they don't get shut down for false advertising. I know a few things about forced induction too, check out my home page.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fellas not trying to advocate this "super Charger" mind you Just wanted more of an explanation to go with your thoughts.

simpler way first: does it have the cfm listed? You can calulate how much air you engine pumps by itslef and see if its greater or less.
secondly: Considering that a fan is not a pump. Does the fan spin at stuch a speed to compress air? i can't imagine it would.
Site claims 25300 rpmsusing a close tolerance turbine type fan and a CFM of 800.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do remember reading about a guy that made an electric supercharger. But that's not it. The one I saw was a turbo's intake side mated to a HD starter motor geared to spin the impeller freakishly fast. I don't know what cfm that put out, but I know that 800 is BS. Here is a link I found on a five second google search.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclturbos.htm

It's for an Eclipse, but the same principles remain between the two engines. The upgraded turbo only produces a little over 500cfm.

Last edited by Robar; 09-26-2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Edited non sponsor link.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedRockJK
You know the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true...

Seriously though, those are a huge waste of $$$ and I can't believe they don't get shut down for false advertising. I know a few things about forced induction too, check out my home page.
Nice Rides I can't believe you parted with them. I would just have to keep adding on to my garage

BY THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED!!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

about ten years ago, i had read about an lelctric supercharger and made inquiries about it and the guy said it was only good for small engines (at that time he was working on jetskis).said they didn't have enough motor to make it work on cars.......
Old 02-04-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Junk. Complete waste of money.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

To answer your question, no there is not enough room, but the product looks like someone adapted a garbage disposal to their intake I agree with the res the guys don't waste your money.

Quick Reply: Gettin Super Charged?