Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to instal a 6.2 LS3 and 6L80 into my JK

Old 06-26-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by tomslik
Hey, I wasn't serious about the little Ford motor, but thought Jon might get a laugh! I'm a Chevy guy with a 496 stroker in my Camaro and a 4L60, and would LOVE an LS in my JK!!
All in good fun as Tom lives just down the street from me (Chevy/Ford dual) and his Camaro is pretty damn stout As for me I am a Ford fan, the Jeep is my foray outside of the Ford realm and I do love it... except for that gutless thing that comes with a 3.8 4dr & 37's. I am also a realist and believe the LS motor 6spd auto is the way for me to go. I'll take a hard look at the 6.2 as I was leaning towards the 5.3 for $ & weight reasons.
How about on you JK at full stuff front left & right tires, do your control arms hit the 6.2 motor mounts? I enjoy heavy articulation and want to keep as much as I can

Thanks for checking in

I'll stay in touch

Jon aka 69mach1
Old 12-22-2016, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info in here regarding the swap. So many of us are wanting to do the same, the LS based engines are amazing. Hoping to do this in next few years.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to instal a 6.2 LS3 and 6L80 into my JK