Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gobi Frustrations

Old 05-31-2019, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Gobi Frustrations

Pardon the rant, but maybe someone out there has an inside view to Gobi that eludes me.

I have been wanting to buy a Gobi Stealth rack for my 2011 JKU and today was going to be the day. There has always been a long lead time and I didn't think much of waiting for 6 or 8 weeks for a quality product. So I go to the Gobi website ready to order when I see that they have a 4 month lead time. In a bit of disbelief I picked up the phone to check with a human being about the long delay. The voice of Gobi on the phone is a young teenage sounding girl with so many "you know" "like" and "for sures" put into her sentences I could barely understand what she was saying. That aside, she clearly could not address any of my questions. This is the face of a company making $1600 racks?

Now I get this could be their "busy season" but there is always a busy season. I have worked with many certified welders willing to relocate for good temp jobs. It amazes me that Gobi won't staff up to reduce the wait time, effectively putting it to the customer. Seems no one there can do the math to see how their profits would increase by taking action on their supply and demand problem.

What a shame. Now to go look for another rack.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're a small but very successful company, and many people say they make the best rack available (I did a lot of research and almost every recommendation came back to Gobi). The wait was a pain in the ass but I won't fault them for that- they told me before I ordered what the wait would be.

Quick Reply: Gobi Frustrations