Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good exhaust or not?

Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good exhaust or not?

Hey guys,

So I've been looking into exhausts recently, but I've been quite hesitant to pick one. I originally bought a Gibson exhaust for my JK, then realized that it was the worst exhaust I could possibly buy so I sent it back and it took about three months to get my money back. ANYWAYS, I've been looking to get a nice exhaust for my JK. Currently, I've been looking at the MBRP XP Series T-409 exhaust which seems like a nice one, but I'm wondering if it's as good as the advertisements say it is.

Basically, I'm looking for an exhaust with a killer sound that isn't too loud, and isn't going to make my entire jeep vibrate like a cell phone in church. Anyone have any recommendations?

(Also, I have a Banks Ram Air Intake, and I'm planning on getting a Flashpaq tuner in the future. Feel free to leave comments on how these 3 things would go together)
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi Master

I had an MBPR on my '07 and will probably eventually get one for my '12.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

The MBRP is a great exhaust but for me it's a little drown y. The best exhaust systems out there are Magna flow, Flow Master 40-50-60, DynoMax with dual exhaust and Banks Monster exhaust. Banks being the quietist of the bunch. As far as I can tell the HP and Torque gains are pretty much the same. I'm still on the fence between the Magnaflow or Banks on my jeep. I've got the Magnaflow on my truck and love the sound and performance.

Go on youtube and listen to some exhaust systems and choose it that way.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

What year is your jeep? I ask because if you have the 2011, don't count on the Flashpaq tuner. They haven't made the update yet.

Also, RIPP mods has done a ton of dyno-ing with the JK and reported that the MBRP is the only one they've seen to have usable gains in power.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hello, I have a Corsa db off road axle back system. It fits up perfectly, all 304 stainless steel, half the size and weight of stock unit and sounds great. I am very happy with it. I just used a 2" wide stainless band clamp purchased at parts store instead of the supplied formed round bar clamp style for better sealing. I could hear it wasn't sealed tight enough when it was running. I have a 2 door 6 speed with 3.73 gears and I can tell a difference, especially accelerating onto highway.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

I absolutely love my mbrp exhaust! I have a six speed and when down shifting there is a really nice sputtering noise which I believe is called exhaust scavenging. Anyway, its the one thing about this exhaust that people either hate or love, and I love it. Here is what it sounds like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrsK2HtEXO0
Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing but Magnaflow.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Keep us in mind as well.
We offer numerous different applications for the JK.
A lot of people on this forum like the "rockcrawler" system that brings the exhaust under the JK and out of harms way.
Also one thing that is really cool about us is our 90 day Sound and Performance Guarantee.
Good luck in your choice.
http://www.dynomax.com/safeandsound.php

90-Day Risk-Free Trial Offer
Try qualifying DynoMax® products* for 90 days. We guarantee you'll experience the DynoMax® performance difference! If, for any reason, the qualifying products* don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, replace the products and we will refund your original product's purchase price (which shall not exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price), plus labor (up to $50 per exhaust system). We're that confident you will be satisfied with DynoMax® performance products! For questions about this offer, please contact our customer service department at 734-384-7898.

*Offer limited to the purchase of DynoMax® Stainless Steel Cat-Back Systems and Ultra Flo™ SS Polished, Ultra Flo™ Welded, DynoMax® VT™ or Super Turbo™ performance muffler. This offer does not include products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Valid only on vehicles used for private, non-commercial use and may be withdrawn at any time.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an MBRP and am very pleased with it
Old 10-22-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Keep us in mind as well.
We offer numerous different applications for the JK.
A lot of people on this forum like the "rockcrawler" system that brings the exhaust under the JK and out of harms way.
Also one thing that is really cool about us is our 90 day Sound and Performance Guarantee.
Good luck in your choice.
http://www.dynomax.com/safeandsound.php

90-Day Risk-Free Trial Offer
Try qualifying DynoMax® products* for 90 days. We guarantee you'll experience the DynoMax® performance difference! If, for any reason, the qualifying products* don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, replace the products and we will refund your original product's purchase price (which shall not exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price), plus labor (up to $50 per exhaust system). We're that confident you will be satisfied with DynoMax® performance products! For questions about this offer, please contact our customer service department at 734-384-7898.

*Offer limited to the purchase of DynoMax® Stainless Steel Cat-Back Systems and Ultra Flo™ SS Polished, Ultra Flo™ Welded, DynoMax® VT™ or Super Turbo™ performance muffler. This offer does not include products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Valid only on vehicles used for private, non-commercial use and may be withdrawn at any time.
I can say Dynomax's customer service is second to none!! Based on their 90-day trail I wouldn't count them out.

Quick Reply: Is this a good exhaust or not?