Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

goodyear duratrac or dunlop fierce attitude????? please help

Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodyear duratrac or dunlop fierce attitude????? please help

I am thinking about getting tires. 305 70 16's. I am torn between the goodyear and the dunlop. I am getting unreal prices on both. As I understand it they are comparable to a 33 1250? I am looking for opinions on which tire to go with. Goodyear seems like the better tire all around but the dunlop seems to be a little more aggressive. however they are discontinuing the dunlop so that scares me a little bit. thoughts? if anyone has similiar pictures of these tires on jk's that would help. interested to hear your guys thoughts?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

also in the interest of full disclosure i am putting pro comp 16 x 8 with 4" backspace as wheels on my jk 2007 unlimited 4 door.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Love my duratracs! Quieter than my stock rubi tires, amazing in snow and ice, great in mud, aggressive look, good in rain.... I can keep going.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by southpaw1978
I am thinking about getting tires. 305 70 16's. I am torn between the goodyear and the dunlop. I am getting unreal prices on both. As I understand it they are comparable to a 33 1250? I am looking for opinions on which tire to go with. Goodyear seems like the better tire all around but the dunlop seems to be a little more aggressive. however they are discontinuing the dunlop so that scares me a little bit. thoughts? if anyone has similiar pictures of these tires on jk's that would help. interested to hear your guys thoughts?
where dis you hear the fierce tires were to be discontinued? i love mine
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are almost the same tire. Fierce uses the Duratrac hull. Its a Dunlop which is owned by Goodyear. So do you want an AT or MT? Simple as that.
I run the MT Fierce and happy with them so far.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

was talking to a regional vp here in PA at goodyear and was told that the dunlop fierce attitudes are being discontinued this year. Just passing info along.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by demtek9
These are almost the same tire. Fierce uses the Duratrac hull. Its a Dunlop which is owned by Goodyear. So do you want an AT or MT? Simple as that.
I run the MT Fierce and happy with them so far.
I was taking a hard look at the dura trac because they have the kevlar in them. Yeah I was not sure if the duratrac is considered a all terrain, was told that it is kind of a hybrid between an all terrain and a med tire. Any truth to that? Is the tread on the dunlop that much more aggressive? I only ask because they are 25 dollars cheaper a tire.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I have over 30,000 miles om my Duratrac's and love them. Great for everything I have driven through and very quiet on the pavement.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

I just got my fierce attitudes, i find it weird that Dunlop is discontinuing them, discount tire only recently started carrying them
Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by southpaw1978

I was taking a hard look at the dura trac because they have the kevlar in them. Yeah I was not sure if the duratrac is considered a all terrain, was told that it is kind of a hybrid between an all terrain and a med tire. Any truth to that? Is the tread on the dunlop that much more aggressive? I only ask because they are 25 dollars cheaper a tire.
Duratracs do not have Kevlar in them. The MTRs do.

I have Duratracs and love them.

Quick Reply: goodyear duratrac or dunlop fierce attitude????? please help