Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got jk 4 door 2.8 crd RHD, lifted it 2.5" with 35" tyres. do i need to regear

Old 01-23-2018, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got jk 4 door 2.8 crd RHD, lifted it 2.5" with 35" tyres. do i need to regear

Hi have you got information how and what parts I will need to regear JK 2.8crd with 2.5" lift and 35 tyres. I drive it locally and motorway.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Generally speaking there isn't a large chunk of the forum that has access to the 2.8crd as a big chunk is focussed on the NA market that never got that engine. However, the torque specs are a fair bit higher than the Pentastar, so you should be fine. A stock 3.21 gear ratio will be a little steep but certainly driveable, and if you have the optional 3.73 it should be just fine for daily driving and basic off-road duty.
The following users liked this post:
Rash (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your advise. Unfortunately very hard to get gear parts from within the UK. Can you recommend any company in US willing to ship to the UK. And which parts you recommend. Help appreciated as not many mechanics have knowledge about jeeps so may have to make them understand.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is an off-road scene in the UK, there are enough YouTube videos to show that much. I would look for a local forum or facebook group and then look for a local 4x4, Land Rover, or Land Cruiser shop. While they may not be Jeep experts, they'll have a leg up on a regular car shop.

The gear ratios I gave were just the stock ones, so it depends on what yours was ordered with. Drive it around for a while, if it is just too sluggish then you can modify it.

Quick Reply: got jk 4 door 2.8 crd RHD, lifted it 2.5" with 35" tyres. do i need to regear