Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

happy with the Smittybilt

Old 01-09-2018, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default happy with the Smittybilt

Thanks Quadratec for the great pricing. Im very happy with the Smittybilt X20 and Maximus 3 mounting plates. i just wish it wasnt 0 degrees outside when I did the install. A wiser man would have waited until spring. LOL

Old 01-09-2018, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great! And COLD!!!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I've had my X20 winch for 3 years now maybe....it's worked well for my purpose.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Given how I don't use it as often as others, i didn't see why I should spend $100 more on a better name brand. I still need to cut a part of the bumper that extends out past the fairlead but will do that when it warms up.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Thanks, Given how I don't use it as often as others, i didn't see why I should spend $100 more on a better name brand. I still need to cut a part of the bumper that extends out past the fairlead but will do that when it warms up.
If you're happy with it and it fits your needs and budget, that is all that really matters.

Don't let forum clowns ever discourage you with your purchase decisions. Just remember they're clowns and we all like to laugh at the clowns, especially when their only real justification is when they start making up BS scare tactics by saying things like you're risking your life by not purchasing their favorite more expensive name brand winch. Anyone putting their life at risk based upon a name brand is obviously a moron and is in incapable of making smart decisions.

I enjoy showing them my $200 HF 12K Badland winch mounted in my $1800 AEV front bumper setup and listening to them spew their non-sense about how safe their $1300 name brand winch is which is held onto their Jeep by their $300 Chinese steal with Chinese welds bumper and them not even realizing just how dumb that sounds with their personal justifications. Common sense in understanding simple things like the foot bone is connected to the leg bone and just because you bought $1000 boots, they aren't going to prevent your leg from pulling apart when someone pulls hard enough on your foot and if safety was your real concern then you would have purchased safety backup items that would have engaged when your foot started to begin to get separated.

Just my thoughts. It looks great!!

Last edited by Rednroll; 01-09-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The wrap for the winch line makes more sense than sucking the hook down against the fairlead like they frequently show in catalogs.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I too am happy with the smittybilt quality on their XRC bumper. I've had it more than 3 years now and it still looks new. I've towed some heavy loads with it over long distances.

Quick Reply: happy with the Smittybilt