Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Liners

Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Head Liners

Hot Head Liners or Bedrug Liners? I'm wanting to add headliners to the hard top to cut down on the "tin can" sound. Suggestions on the two mentioned or another brand if you know of one. Or, if someone has a DIY suggestion.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I’m 100% happy with my mopar brand like $210 on amazon.easy to install, look good and help with the sound and cold.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is for Hot Head Headliners. I installed them in my 2015 2-door last summer and I'm extremely happy with them. Mark Ambrose sent me emails acknowledging my order and a second email letting me know my order was shipped, and to let me know I could call him if I had any problems with the order or the install. The instructions in the kit were very good, but the install videos and tips on Mark's website made the install go really easy. I added the side window liners and the Sound Assassin. This is one of the few modifications I've made on my Jeep that my wife noticed and commented how they made a big difference in both heat reduction, and sound deadening. They are more expensive but feel they are worth the extra cost.

Last edited by CJ3AtoJK; 12-31-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Hot Heads, I have had them on my 2012 , put them on that year and not a problem with them yet.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I'ld recommend the Hothead Headliners. They look/feel like they belong there from the factory, they control the echoes in the cabin, provide a nice warm interior feeling and Mark the owner of Hotheads support on the forums, if ever needed is 2nd to none. He truly stands behind his product.

Mark is often on these forums ensuring customers are satisfied and continuously improving his design. I had my Hothead headliners on for almost 6 years now where around the 5 year time of installation,I found my back top and side panels were starting to sag. I asked other members which tape I should purchase to re-attach them in place. Mark contacted me on the forum and sent me out new and improved 3M tape as well as everything else I needed such as a roller tool and velcro tape strips to take care of the problem at no charge. You won't find that kind of support for any other of the options....or for any other aftermarket accessory for that matter.
Here's the discussion thread I started where you can see Mark joined in.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...ations-324615/

Mark also made a pretty informative video which compares the HH to the others. While he is obviously bias, I think he does a good job eliminating his bias by sticking to the factual differences.

Last edited by Rednroll; 01-01-2019 at 06:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rednroll:
JK Lion (10-24-2019), mcambrose (02-26-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hothead makes a great product. Only problem I had was getting my JKU headliners out so I could trade in on a JL. Super product and sticks well!! If ur around NW Iowa, I could make u a great deal.

Jeremy
Old 06-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HI,
I'm sure you got them out by now or traded your Jeep in, but for anyone trying to remove Hothead Headliners heat is the trick. You need to sit your Jeep in the sun so your hard top get hot. Then the headliners will come out fairly easy, but if your hard top is not warm they are incredibly hard, or impossible, to remove.
Mark
Old 06-18-2019, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Why would you want to remove one?
Old 06-29-2019, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

FWIW, I recently installed the Mopar headliners in my '09. While they are OK and fit well, they could use more adhesive. HAd I not gotten them for a stupid cheap price I'd gone with HH in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: Head Liners