Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with dealer diagnosis

Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by nictac1
Not involved, never even flagged a warranty, but have told Chrysler & my rep that a customer is too much to handle or the little warranty work they r having done. It's not with the hassle. Tell them to thake the vehicle elsewhere. It's a case by case real if you treat my people right, they'll go above and bwyonsd to help. If you become a prick, or treat my people in a way that they don't deserve, I don't need tour business.
I think you need to read the op post over. I don't think he falls in your grouping at all. I think he has a legit gripe if they told him the oil was dirty the first time and yet they never changed it. Seems like someone should be talking to that mechanic or his supervisor. I agree people should be treated with respect but it goes both ways.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nictac1
Kind of sick of the complaints about dealer service departments. If u don't like it or if u know more than the technician, don't go there.
It's the elitest attitude that causes dealers flag warranties. I'm quite sure it didn't take a technician 5 days to isolate a switch or a sensor in a rear diff. Perhaps the service dept had a few cars lined up before your appt. You obviously didn't just drop in on your local dealer, that would've been rude. Understand that there is a process of fixing a vehicle, but just replacing the failed part isn't one of them. The manufacturer want to see a cause. This way they can go after their vendor to cover your "free" repairs. There's a lot more to it than what the average Joe can see......(leaving soapbox now!)
Hey Nic,

I understand mechanical devices fail. I'm more concerned with the dealer doing the best they can to shift blame onto the owner. I am still very much under warranty, and part of that warranty requires warranty items to be fixed by the dealer. But at times replacing the failed part is exactly what they need to do. The manufacturer may want to see the cause, I just want to see a fix.

I am a home mechanic, but it's been nice not having to fix my JK. Have enough work with mods, etc.

Last edited by DesolationMania; 01-05-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Help with dealer diagnosis