Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?
YES
50.00%
NO
50.00%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

HELP! ESP Activation through normal corners

Old 02-01-2007, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock Sahara only happened twice, both time I was coming into an off camber tight turn, with a slight dip at the apex.....the ESP does not like the dip at all... as soon as I hit that area, the light flashes.....and the power is cut...

other than those two times, it has been silent...

Marc
2dr Black Sahara
Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can get it to come on, but I have to yank it pretty hard to either right or left at speed.

I have a Rusty's 2" suspension lift with 305x70x16 tires on 16x8 rims. I thought I was going to have problems from what has been said here, but nothing.

I did have them straighten the steering wheel before I left the shop. Maybe since it was never off alignment it didn't get picky?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freeway Off Ramps

I have the same issue.
No lift, but 285/75-16 tires. I don't recall this happeniing with the stock 225s.

Once I tried turning the ESP off while I was cornering, but no change. Of course it was already activated. I'll try again before I hit the off-ramp.

Hope the flash to 32s will help.
That is if I can convince the dealer to do it.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does it on both right and left hand curves. So that eliminates the precision wheel centering theory. A good eye is close enough to center.

I wonder if the track bar and caster adjustment will chang things at all. I will soon know.

Quick Reply: HELP! ESP Activation through normal corners