Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help/info required.....

Old 06-20-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help/info required.....

I posted this in another forum, but I just wanted to try here, just to see if I get any different opinions.

So, I picked up this Warn XD9000i, for $450 from Kijiji. It was such a ridiculous deal, it would've been stupid for me not to get it. I picked it up from an older gentlemen, that was getting rid of it, and no longer had his jeep. He told me he never once even pulled the cable out. Anyways, I want to mount this thing to my stock bumper. 2012 2dr. The first pic is the front of the winch. The second is the bottom, the third is the back. My question is, is that plate holding the winch to the fair lead, a winch plate? The guy did say he had it mounted to a stock bumper, but I forgot to ask. If it is a winch plate, how the hell do I mount this thing?

Also, I went to the infamous just jeeps in Toronto, and all they wanted to do was mount a steel bumper. The guy was hearing me, but he wasn't listening.......I don't want a new bumper right now, how much to install......... Get a new bumper, he says again. All they wanted was to sell me a bumper.

And what are the chains with hooks for?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4184003129.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	560913   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2528275000.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	560914   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-981932110.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	560915  
Old 06-20-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like something he threw together, to mount to factory bumper look here

http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...=12114+0101+07

There are others cheaper...

Sent from somewhere I really shouldn't be!

Quick Reply: Help/info required.....