Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide RockKrawler or Metalcloak

Old 01-31-2013, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide RockKrawler or Metalcloak

Getting my tax return back in a couple weeks and I'm lifting my JKUR. Looking at the 3.5 max travel and the 3.5 game changer lite. I can get either setup shipped free just to keep things equal. I'm planning on 35's for now because I don't want to re-gear for 37's at this time. I have a 2012 with an auto and 4:10 gears. I plan on doing a fender trim also for now. I've been researching and catching all the videos I can find on each setup. Both seem like great setups to me. I know the RK comes with the high steer and such. The Metalcloak just seems to be a badass at flexing. Apparently high steer is not needed with their kit. Any first hand pros or cons on either would be appreciated at possibly helping in making a decision.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

The metalcloak stuff just looks too ill, and their arms look amazing. I will say the shop that does my work has the RK max travel and it drives great on the road, but my 3.5" RE has a noticeably bigger lift..probably not what youre looking for but figured I would ad my two cents..
Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rickc309
Getting my tax return back in a couple weeks and I'm lifting my JKUR. Looking at the 3.5 max travel and the 3.5 game changer lite. I can get either setup shipped free just to keep things equal. I'm planning on 35's for now because I don't want to re-gear for 37's at this time. I have a 2012 with an auto and 4:10 gears. I plan on doing a fender trim also for now. I've been researching and catching all the videos I can find on each setup. Both seem like great setups to me. I know the RK comes with the high steer and such. The Metalcloak just seems to be a badass at flexing. Apparently high steer is not needed with their kit. Any first hand pros or cons on either would be appreciated at possibly helping in making a decision.
Its hard to beat Rock Krawler products. They are all very stout and come with a lifetime abuse proof warranty. We run the Rock Krawler X Factor plus in our rig and couldn't be happier. All of the arms are 2" solid steel alloy so they are pretty much indestructible.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've looked at and read on both of these as I'm also shopping for a lift. The one thing I cant get past is the Metalcloak written warranty. It basically says you bought it now it's yours. That being said, I have never seen a complaint.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Twinkydog
I've looked at and read on both of these as I'm also shopping for a lift. The one thing I cant get past is the Metalcloak written warranty. It basically says you bought it now it's yours. That being said, I have never seen a complaint.
Check out Rock Krawler's written warranty.

Rock Krawler Suspension

This is our favorite part. This means all control arms and track bars will be replaced if bent, cracked, broke or whatever.

And trust us we have tried to break these!!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same decision to make between the two back around Black Friday. I went with the Metal Cloak system and don't regret it at all.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2070759137.jpg
Views:	1436
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	416771
RK all the way!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call our vendors and ask them. I have called 3 and all said metalcloak hands down.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Metalcloak setup has impressed me. And it nothing to pick up the phone and talk with one of the MC guys if you have any questions.
Not to mention it flexes awesome, and the ride is great.

Last edited by JKphotoshoot; 01-31-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

MC all the way! Best riding suspension I have ever had

Quick Reply: Help me decide RockKrawler or Metalcloak