Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - trying to find reputable shop in Central Wisconsin for a re-gear

Old 12-25-2015, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - trying to find reputable shop in Central Wisconsin for a re-gear

Looking to perform a re-gear on my 2010 JKU Sport this spring, but having a difficult time finding a local shop with reputation on Jeeps. Anyone have any suggestions of good shops in Central Wisconsin (Marshfield-Wausau) or within 2hour drive (Eau Claire) (Appleton)?
Old 12-25-2015, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only know some out here in CA. Wish I had a Jeep when I lived there! 4 wheeling to Nutz Deep II thru snow drifts would be awesome
Old 12-26-2015, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know of any specific ones that deal in Jeep, but maybe a few suggestions on where to start looking. I would jump on facebook, Wisconsin Jeep Owners page and repost your question. I know of Done rite performance, don't know if he does that work or not, but maybe at least ask, or if he knows of some one he would recommend. Doubt he would be the cheapest. I talked to him once, seem very knowledgeable about what he does, but he is primarily a speed and performance shop (sports cars). He had a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 they were working on for the drag strip at the time.

I also would not hesitate to call a few independent repair shops. I used to work at one years back, and we rebuilt a few diffs.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't Maertz live around there? He'd know.

Quick Reply: Help - trying to find reputable shop in Central Wisconsin for a re-gear